Xplornet Communications Inc.
We are looking for a Network Operations Specialist to join our team in our Woodstock, NB office location. The Network Operations (NOC) Specialist will bring expertise in wireless and/or satellite access and IP network technologies to a team responsible for the support, operation and maintenance of Xplornet ISP services infrastructure. This position will be responsible for technical support issues, software and hardware implementation, network operation, and day-to-day management of the network infrastructure. The Network Operations Specialist will work closely with the Engineering and Field teams during site deployment and act as a liaison between Engineering and Network Operations on large projects.
Support of Customer Care escalated issues by ticket and phone resolution is required daily. This position involves shift and on call work and reports to the Fixed Wireless Network Operations Director.
Key responsibilities include:
• Maintain and support operation of Fixed Wireless, Satellite and IP devices (switches, UPS etc.). Provide 3rd level technical support for Tier 2 unresolved technical issues on the phone and through tickets.
• Act as technical liaison between Engineering, Network Operations and Field Operations.
• Maintain network elements (switches, routers, backhaul, and access points). Perform proactive analysis of network statistics to determine potential fault trends.
• Handle emergency escalations in a prompt and efficient manner while adhering to procedures, templates and ticketing practices.
• Ensure appropriate standards are adhered to when communicating with customers and cross functional teams.
• Act as a technical liaison between internal groups and external partners.
• Monitor network alarms and use logical troubleshooting techniques and tools to determine root cause of failure and proactively apply resources to correct the problem in the most expedient manner.
The ideal candidate will possess:
• A relevant Diploma/Degree or a combination of practical work experience and education.
• 2- 5 years of enterprise IT experience in an enterprise computing environment.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the operation of LAN and WAN environment.
• A broad knowledge of IT and business processes required in support of enterprise application delivery environments.
• Background in the following technologies will be an asset: SNMP, HTTP, VLANs, Internet security software, VoIP, databases, email and web servers.
• Previous experience with point to multipoint wireless networks and/or VSAT networks with an ISP would be an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
As a condition of employment and in order to comply with industry related data security standards, this position is subject to the successful completion of a Criminal Background Check. Details will be supplied to applicants as they move through the selection process.
Xplornet is committed to creating an accessible environment and will accommodate disabilities during the selection process. Please let your recruiter know during the selection process of any accommodation needs.
Headquartered in Woodstock, New Brunswick, Xplornet Communications Inc. is one of Canada’s leading broadband service providers. For over a decade, Xplornet has been providing innovative broadband solutions to rural customers at work, home and play across Canada. Today, Xplornet offers voice and data communication services through its unique wireless and satellite network that connects Canadians to what matters.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Shipper/Receiver Location: Woodstock, ON Shifts Available: Mon-Thurs 4x10 Afternoon Shift: 4:00p-2:00a, Fri-Sun Weekend Shift: 6:00a-6:00p Why Join Marwood Who We are: - Marwood International I [...]
Reports To District Sales Manager Location London and Surrounding area Type Full Time, Salary Closing Date July 2 2021 Company Overview Sysco is the global leader in selling, marketi [...]
Address: 534 Dundas Street Job Family Group: Retail Banking Sales & Service Cultivates, builds, and manages relationships with a third-party network of referral sources to build a pipeline of new [...]
We are looking for a Pricing Manager to join our team at our office in Markham, ON or potentially from a remote home-based location. The successful candidate will be responsible for consumer pricing a [...]