Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Dietitian - Primary CareWork Site: Vancouver Primary Care Networks (PCN) - Vancouver, BCStatus: Regular Full TimeStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $35.65 - $44.56 per hourHours:
Days off: Saturday, Sunday, and statutory holidays
Come work as a Dietitian with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dietitian to join the Primary Care Network (PCN) team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Dietitian with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide nutrition care through health promotion, disease prevention, treatment,
support and rehabilitation to enable patients/clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the Primary Care Provider in accordance with the local PCN care delivery model as co-designed by the PCN Partners (local Division of Family Practice, VCH Community of Care and First Nations Partners)
- Care for patients/clients, who are in need of nutrition advice and support related to but not limited to chronic disease, weight management, gastro-intestinal, malnutrition, food allergies, and healthy lifestyle management.
- Assists the patient/client in setting goals and supporting their nutritional and health well-being through the provision of individual and/or group counselling.
- In collaboration with the patient/client and interdisciplinary team, provide continuity of care by liaising with team members, coordinating ongoing care (internal and external), supporting transitions and navigating services.
About Primary Care Networks (PCN)
Primary Care Networks (PCN) will be the backbone of the provincial Primary Health-Care Strategy. This new model of care includes a multi-disciplinary team of nurses, pharmacists and allied health professionals, working alongside and supporting family physicians, nurse practitioners at primary care offices, Primary Care Community Health Centres, Urgent and Primary Care centres, and services delivered by not-for-profit community health partners. PCNs are expected to provide patients and primary care providers with strong, effective links to hospitals and diagnostic service providers.
Team members involved in the patient’s care will work closely together, so that they can get a full picture of the health care needs. Under the new structure, patients will be able to more quickly and easily access a full range of health care options, have the ability to have a regular family physician or nurse practitioner and access to more health team members.
Adopting team based care approach in Primary Care Networks aims to increase patients' access to primary care services, strengthen the ability of existing physicians to expand - or remain in - their practice, and broaden the set of specific skills and expertise available to patients as they are receiving care. And it will ensure that the systems and tools required to make that care function are in place, and are well supported in the patient’s journey to better health.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC).
- Two years’ recent related clinical experience in community nutrition or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of nutrition theory and practice within a patient/client and family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners established by the College of Dietitians of British Columbia.
- Knowledge of the determinants of health and health promotion and chronic disease management principles and practices
- Knowledge of enteral nutrition
- Working knowledge of community health agencies and available community resources
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct relevant assessments per established standards of practice
- Demonstrated ability to assess patient/client responses to care plan, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to plan/deliver/evaluate health education for individuals and groups.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, provide effective consultation and empower patients/clients to assume control over their health.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationship with patients/clients, caregiver(s), co-workers and community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to recognize when referral to another health care professional is required.
- Demonstrated ability to support seamless transition in care.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities and deal with conflict.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team-based model of care.
- Demonstrated ability to independently plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective service in a variety of community settings and with diverse populations.
- Demonstrated ability to promote Indigenous Cultural Safety.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized documentation system.
- Working knowledge of research and quality improvement process and methodology.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Job Title: Senior Facilities Clinical PlannerWork Site: 520 West 6th Status: Start Date: Hours: Regular Full Time As soon as possible 0800-1600 Days off: Saturday, Sunday, S [...]
Job Description Job Title: Physiotherapist 1Work Site: Physiotherapy, Vancouver General HospitalStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possible Salary: $35.98 - $44.79 per hourHours: VariousReferen [...]
Job Description Job Title: Equipment Coordinator, Facilities Planning and Real EstateWork Site: 520 West 6th Status: Start Date: Hours: Regular Full Time As soon as possible 0800-1600 Days o [...]
Job Description Job Title: Social Worker I - Master's Degree Work Site: Additional Sites: Tertiary Mental Health, Joseph & Rosalie Segal & Family Health Centre - Vancouver, BC Willow Pavillion, [...]