University Health Network
ONA Job Posting #876107
Position: Registered Nurse
Site: University Centre, Toronto Rehab
Department: Brain & Spinal Cord Rehab Program/ABI Service - NP
Reports to: Program Manager
Salary Range: $33.90 - $48.53 per hour (Start rate: determined in accordance with collective agreement requirements)
Hours: 0.20 FTE position; Shifts: Days/Evening/Weekends
Status: Permanent Part Time
“Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”
At University Health Network, which consists of Toronto General, Toronto Western, Princess Margaret and Toronto Rehab hospitals, nothing is more important to us than our team of dedicated employees.
UHN focuses on creating and maintaining a workplace of choice, where our people are recognized and valued. We focus on creating a workplace where people enjoy the challenge of their career, create and engage in best practices and are treated with respect.
A leader in adult rehabilitation and complex continuing care, the Toronto Rehabilitation Institute brings together innovative patient care, groundbreaking research and diverse education to help people overcome or recover from disabling injury, illness or age-related conditions.
As a member of the rehabilitation team, the Registered Nurse practices in accordance with relevant legislation/ standards, meeting the legal and ethical requirements of the profession. The principal responsibilities include: planning, managing, evaluating and coordinating comprehensive professional nursing care for patients and families within the context of an interdisciplinary practice; using theoretical and research knowledge and the input of team members to plan and implement care including health promotion for ABI rehabilitation patients and families; educating patients, family, referring facilities and other community providers regarding ABI rehabilitation; participating in interprofessional team care planning forums, rounds and family conferences; providing leadership, supervision and mentorship to students and new staff on the units related to rehabilitation; participating in professional programs and hospital-wide initiatives, including professional development of self; complying with and commitment to patient safety responsibilities and corresponding hospital plans, policies and procedures in order to ensure a safe environment for patients.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred
- Member in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Recent experience in ABI rehabilitation preferred
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability to use behavioral management strategies (Everyday Behavior Tools) preferred
- Successful completion of Basic Cardiac Life Support (C level) Heart Saver Plus (Canada)
- Ability to demonstrate strong health assessment skills
- Excellent conceptual and theoretical understanding of nursing concepts and ability to articulate the concepts as they relate to ABI rehabilitation
- Superior clinical decision-making skills that reflect patient centeredness, problem solving and critical thinking
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to use theoretical concepts and research findings in practice
- Demonstrated ability to teach students within the context of a teaching hospital
- Proven ability to work independently, and as part of an inter-professional team
- Excellent knowledge of standards of rehabilitation nursing practice and applicable health care legislation
- Demonstrated ability to identify and meet own learning needs for pursue ongoing professional development
- Ability to provide substantiated rationale for clinical management of patient care
- Computer proficiency required
Posted Date: May 6, 2021 Closing Date: until filled
For current UHN employees, only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Night Cleaner Needed Starting From July 7days/week- anytime after 10 pm. 2.5hrs/ day- Pay- ($1400/month )SIN Location- Bowmanville( guy need to drive and live around this region ) # Contact- 416268330 [...]
Join our team! Are you ready to take the next big step in your hospitality career? Four Seasons Hotel Toronto is currently looking for a talented and dynamic Server who shares our passion for excell [...]
Apply now Store Associate, Full-Time, Winners Gerrard Square, Toronto Brand: Winners Location: Toronto, ON, CA Employment Type: Full-Time Employment Status: Regular Functional Area: Stores [...]
Job Number: 878943 Category: Acute Care Positions Available: 1 Years Experience Required: 2 Location: Toronto, Ontario Posted Date: Jun 16, 2021 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Information Specialist [...]