Town of Oakville
Call No: 21-2251
Temporary CUPE 136T
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants.
Salary Range $34.44 (Temporary rate)
$35.04 (Full time rate)
This is a contract opportunity lasting approximately 6 months
Internal secondment applications are welcome. Please note, however, that members of management will not be considered for secondments into bargaining unit positions.
Consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the certification requirements highlighted below if a fully qualified candidate is not available in the applicant pool. A successful applicant without the pre-requisite certifications would be compensated at the Arborist II rate at $32.94/hour (full time rate)/$32.34 hour (temporary rate)
These positions report to the Supervisor of Street Tree Operations, Supervisor of Woodlands and Parks Tree Operations and are responsible for various activities related to urban forestry/arboriculture on municipal properties. Principal duties include:
- Implement assigned arboriculture work orders including pruning, removal and cabling according to current policies and procedures and generally accepted maintenance practice(s);
- Operate specialized equipment including aerial bucket trucks, chippers, chain saws, skid steer, stumper and standard tree climbing equipment where required in a safe and efficient manner;
- Maintain written records as required, tree maintenance work orders, activity cards and tail board talk plans;
- May be required to provide work direction and training to other staff and carries out duties that meet Health and Safety standards in a safe and responsible manner;
- Ability to use tablet computer in order to update completed work orders electronically;
- Duties include and are not limited to hydro line clearing, grid pruning projects, woodlands tree maintenance, including diagnosing tree maintenance requirements and occasional service requests;
- Required to participate in an on call out pager schedule 24/7 rotational basis, throughout the year, includes emergency storm management after hours service;
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A certificate or diploma in Urban Forestry/Arboriculture or related discipline from a recognized institution. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered;
- 2+ years of tree climbing experience and practical arboriculture work experience in addition to having a valid Crane Operator (0-8 tons) certificate and a “Safety in Line Clearing” certificate from the Electrical Utility Safety Association or equivalent such as a Line Clearing Awareness certificate from Hydro One;
- An ISA Certified Tree Worker designation is required. ISA certified arborist certificate (Provincial designation is preferred) and Certificate in the Trade of Utility Arborist are also requirements;
- Candidates must be knowledgeable in current accepted industry practices and be physically fit and able to work in varying climate conditions. Demonstrations of the foregoing qualifications may be required through written, oral and practical examinations;
- Candidates must also demonstrate effective communication skills, both oral and written, time management skills, flexibility in adjusting between a variety of duties and ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team in addition to possessing an understanding of the Highway Traffic Act and knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act;
- Candidates must hold and provide a copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class DZ minimum (standard and automatic transmission) with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) and pass a Town administered road test prior to assuming the position.
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca in the employment section by no later than midnight on May 27, 2021
DATED: May 19, 2021
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. The minimum threshold score for each of the testing and interview components of the recruitment process is 70%.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At AmerisourceBergen, you will find an innovative and collaborative culture that is patient focused and dedicated to making a difference. As [...]
Description Accountable to delivering sales plan through effective management/delegation of store and operational tasks and execute tasks as assigned and leadership tasks as delegated by the store m [...]
Posting #: 2021-878711 ONA Position: Registered Nurse Department: Surgical Program - Inpatient Surgical Unit 7C Status: Temporary Part-time (Must provide availability of up to 0.2 FTE) Hours: [...]
Posting #: 2021-878658 CUPE 815 Position: Registered Practical Nurse Department: Nephrology - Dialysis Status: Permanent Part-time (Must provide availability of up to 0.6 FTE) Hours: Mo [...]