Location: Toronto, CanadaThales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are used on metro lines across major cities, and 72,000 kms of route, 52,000 trains per day in 16 countries are controlled by our Traffic Management Systems. Together We deployed the first-ever nationwide ticketing system which processes over 50 million ticketing transactions in 100 cities daily.Thales provides world-leading Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC) and interlocking for mass rail transit applications globally. The Centre of Competence for Urban Rail Signalling is located right before you at mid-town Toronto.
As the largest office in Canada, we house a department for every step of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)! This includes Software, Hardware, Systems Design, Verification & Validation, Operations, etc. The supporting corporate shared services teams in Finance, Human Resources and IT is also located at the office. Our office space was designed to provide a sustainable, healthy workplace that expresses TRSS’s brand while increasing collaboration. Features include Greenguard furniture, EnergyStar appliances, low-emitting adhesives, sealants, and sliding glass doors on internal offices provide daylight and views to the outside. Come join the big Transport family, here in Toronto!
We are looking for a Senior Validation Specialist to participate in System Design.
You will also develop requirements that can be practically validated. In addition, you will define the methods of validation; prepare test plans, procedures and reports to validate specified requirements and performs tests in-plant and at project sites in accordance with these test plans and procedures.
- Performs analysis of system, subsystem and software requirements to define validation methods, and test cases
- Participates in planning, including participation in the preparation of Verification and Validation (V&V;) test plans
- Prepares Test Procedures in accordance with V&V; test plans
- Performs integration and test activities in-house and at project sites to mitigate the key project commissioning risks
- Performs commissioning tests in plant and at project sites
- Prepares test reports which record the pass, fail status of planned tests and identify problems detected during the tests
- Develops product knowledge through formal and informal training, OJT, and self-study
- Prepares test automation scripts
- Investigates test anomalies through analysis of data files, design documentation and interaction with development departments
- Prepares problem reports in the defect tracking system describing test failures and defects
- Assists in the development of V&V; schedules and budgets and associated progress reporting
- Participates in marketing activity by estimating new project work costs, drafting proposed commissioning and cut over plans and responding to project RFQs.
- Conduct requirement analysis, compliance mapping, and integration/test program risk analysis
- Develop test cases including operational and stress-test (bust-it) scenarios
- Create accurate and concise test procedures
- Conduct test execution within the laboratory and field environment, travel is required for site activities
- Consistently recognize and report anomalous system behaviour and document the behaviour into the problem tracking system
- Participate in resolving integration issue, problem identification, analysis and rectification of anomalies
- Perform the independent review of test results
- Communicate test observation and results in both oral and written media to engineering staff, superiors and customers
- Participate in system development through participation in system design, R&D;, marketing proposal and demonstration activities
- Adhere to the company processes
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or equivalent
- More than 5 years of experience in a system development and integration environment for embedded systems
- Fluent written and oral communication skills in English
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Experience in testing of embedded real time systems or equivalent software or hardware test experience is a significant asset
- Computer literacy using special application software such as problem tracking, requirement management and parsing software is a significant asset
- Knowledge of transit rail system and particularly SELTRAC products is a significant asset
- Demonstrated fluency and understanding/comprehension in oral and written English
- Understands basic engineering management practices for project planning and scheduling
- Field experience in a rail transit installation, test or support environment or similar technology application is of significance
- Experience in task planning, including estimation, performance tracking and reporting
- Engineering risk and decision making process is desirable
- Demonstrated competence preparing higher level test plans, cut-over plans, documenting studies and related reports
- Familiarity of System Engineering principles, life cycle models, requirements analysis, compliance mapping, test case analysis, risk management
Thales is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. Thales is committed to providing accommodations in all parts of the interview process. Applicants selected for an interview who require accommodation are asked to advise accordingly upon the invitation for an interview. We will work with you to meet your needs. All accommodation information provided will be treated as confidential and used only for the purpose of providing an accessible candidate experience.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Night Cleaner Needed Starting From July 7days/week- anytime after 10 pm. 2.5hrs/ day- Pay- ($1400/month )SIN Location- Bowmanville( guy need to drive and live around this region ) # Contact- 416268330 [...]
Join our team! Are you ready to take the next big step in your hospitality career? Four Seasons Hotel Toronto is currently looking for a talented and dynamic Server who shares our passion for excell [...]
Apply now Store Associate, Full-Time, Winners Gerrard Square, Toronto Brand: Winners Location: Toronto, ON, CA Employment Type: Full-Time Employment Status: Regular Functional Area: Stores [...]
Job Number: 878943 Category: Acute Care Positions Available: 1 Years Experience Required: 2 Location: Toronto, Ontario Posted Date: Jun 16, 2021 EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY Information Specialist [...]