As an employee at Thomson Reuters, you will play a role in shaping and leading the global knowledge economy. Our technology drives global markets and helps professionals around the world make decisions that matter. Whether solving for today’s challenges or tomorrow’s aspirations, you will work with the industry’s brightest thinkers on diverse projects, creating next-generation solutions that deliver powerful results. As the world’s leading provider of intelligent information, we want your unique perspective to create the solutions that advance our business-and your career.
Are you curious? Do you think the legal market is on the verge of major technological shifts? Join a cross-skilled product team located in the UK and USA.
You will be part of a team developing new products and capabilities for the legal market, working closely with both other developing and more mature products and with share capability teams.
You will have responsibility for developing feature/function specifications on new and legacy propositions, products, and services as relates to aspects of the data strategy and services. The data strategy will cut across, inform, and assist our legal products. Working closely with our other products, you will lead definition and planning through production, release, and end of lifecycle together with the stakeholders.
About the Role
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Build and Develop - software applications by understanding user needs, writing well-designed requirements, working with product build from research to backlog to design to test, release and validate utility
- Be a Team Player - work in a collaborative team-oriented environment, share, evangelize and value diverse ideas, partner with work on and share strategy across cross-functional and remote teams and
- Be Curious & Innovative - continuously update yourself with next-generation technology, development tools, and contribute to process development practices, and share these best practices among stakeholders
- Be an Agile Person - with a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment to deliver solutions against strict timelines. You will need to work tactically to deliver consistently and constantly as well as working to long term strategy
- Be an Effective Communicator - articulate complex business and technical issues, including in agile, API’s and machine learning, and share ideas, participate and lead in peer-reviews, workshops, and external expos and demos, and exhibit strong listening skills
- Take Ownership - responsible for performance, reliability and implement changes for improving the efficiency of a technical component
You’re a fit for the role of a Product Manager if you have:
- Ability to understand and interpret fundamental workings and trends within a target industry.
- Ability to understand and apply technology to product development. Proficiency in product commercialization and marketing.
- Ability to drive a direct and indirect team to execute product strategy. Superior demonstrated client service skills.
- Strong verbal skills, with competency in collaboration. Excellent written skills.
- Project management and influencing skills.
- Analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines.
- Complex problem solving.
- Proficiency in data science
- Technically proficient
- Demonstrated experience in product management including significant involvement in product definition and launch management.
- Experience writing comprehensive business, technical and functional requirements.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Experience in data and back end API capabilities required
- Direct experience with customers preferred
- Industry experience preferred
- Agile certification preferred
What’s in it For You:
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- COVID-19 Response: Currently working remotely and following local COVID-19 bylaws and guidelines with most of our offices being remote until July 2021. Upon return, we will be embracing a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Eight employee-driven Business Resource Groups; two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services - Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Toronto-Ontario-Canada;Eagan-Minnesota-United States of America
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada) works collaboratively with the provincial, territorial and Bermudian CPA bodies, as it rep [...]
Job Location: North York/Toronto Toronto, Ontario Company Description Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, [...]
Interested in being a part of a team that is leading the evolution of retail in Canada? Embracing and driving change is critical to our success. The complexity and rate at which the retail industry [...]
Address: 250 Yonge Street Job Family Group: Customer Shared Services Provides first and/or second level business support, advice, and guidance to sales and service colleagues (i.e. Business Help D [...]