The Scarborough Hospital
Job Number: J0521-0753
Job Title: Registered Nurse - CEN Intensive Care Unit
Department: RVC INTENSIVE CARE UNIT
Job Category: Nursing
Hospital Location: Centenary
Job Type: Full Time
Number Of Positions: 1
Union: ONA Local 111
Hours: Days, Nights
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east.
We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Patient Care Manager of Critical Care you will be responsible for providing excellent care to a diverse patient population within our multi-service environment. Our Critical Care Program is a patient focused total care model. You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing Practice at Scarborough Health Network. The successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. Patient caseload includes critically ill cardiac, respirology, nephrology, oncology, high-risk obstetrical and acute medical-surgical patients.
You will provide exceptional “customer service” to patients and families within an inter-professional, team environment. You demonstrate professional accountability for your practice and are able to identify and pursue opportunities to meet your learning needs. You may be hired for any of the three critical care sites.
• Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
• BScN preferred
• Competent to perform CPR at a basic Cardiac Life Support level(Current BCLS Certificate)
• ACLS (must complete within 6 months of hire)
• Current Critical Care Certificate and/or equivalent experience in Critical Care
• Minimum of one (1) year′s recent ICU/critical care experience including ventilators
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in fast-paced environments
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and performance record
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SRH's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Willingness to participate in continuing education and unit-based initiatives such as LEAN, Unit Councils, Audits etc.
• Minimum two (2) year′s recent acute medical/surgical experience
• Computer literacy and/or familiarity with e-documentation, e-scheduling
• Ability to speak another language
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Learn more about our exciting opportunities by following us on Twitter at: SHNCareers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Requisition ID: 107459 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team Scotiabank’s Cryptographic Key Issuance Team is responsib [...]
Hallelujah Chinese Evangelical Free Church (HCEFC) is a church of over 300 members (200 in Chinese Congregation) and our mission is to be a growing and multiplying disciple-community. We are seekin [...]
- A Bachelor's Degree or 2+ years Amazon (blue badge/FTE) experience About You The basic qualifications, we require: - Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent experie [...]
Requisition ID: 107459 Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. The Team Scotiabank’s Cryptographic Key Issuance Team is resp [...]