Alithya Canada Inc.
Intermediate Security Specialist
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Please note that this position is 100% remote during the pandemic. Candidates must have an eligible work permit for Canada and be fluent in French.
Do you want to experience the essence of a large organization in a company with a personal touch? Come and work with us! We are looking for creative, innovative, and collaborative people like you to join our team.
At the heart of Alithya’s values is the well-being of our employees and their families. That's why, we continue to follow the Public Health Agency of Canada’s recommendations closely.
We remain close to you, while keeping our distance via Phone, Skype, Zoom or however you like.
Take your ambitions to the next level
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Security, the Intermediate Security Specialist will be implicated in ongoing Security Program initiatives, working to improve the organization's security posture.
- in the definition and modification of policies, guidelines, standards, and security procedures (governance framework);
- the implementation of the governance framework and the implementation of standards;
- in the preparation and coordination of activities during internal and/or external audits;
- in determining action plans for corrective actions following audit reports. Follow up with business units.
- Identify and document Data Classification of existing assets. Participate in data mapping exercises;
- Evaluate current security controls and conduct gap analysis based on defined security model (i.e., level of protection).
- Act as an advisor. Provide advice and recommendations and act as an Information Security subject matter expert for business projects and initiatives;
- Conduct vendor, threat and risk assessments, produce resulting reports;
- Document exceptions, decisions and provide recommendations for controls and mitigations to associated risks;
- Actively collaborate with IT and project teams.
The specific deliverables of the Intermediate Security Specialist include, but are not limited to:
- Security Requirements;
- Data Classification and Data Mapping;
- Vendor Assessment;
- Security and Risk Assessment;
- Exception and Decision Documentation;
- Security Standards, Guidelines and Procedures.
When it just clicks!
Does this sound like you?
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position;
- At least one of the following Information Security Certifications: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CRSIC;
- Knowledge of IT Security Frameworks such as ISO27001/2 and, NIST 800-53 and C;
- Familiar with security concepts related to cloud, including cloud platform and infrastructure, access controls, cloud data, operations, as well as legal and compliance issues;
- The following are assets:
- Industry recognized Cloud Security certification such as; CCSP or CCSK;
- Knowledge of FAIR methodology.
- Fluent in both English and French (oral and written). Level expected:
- French: 4/4
- English: 4/4
WHERE YOU NEED TO BE
Life at Alithya
- 37.5 hours per week;
- Opportunities to develop and grow your career;
- Work with diverse technologies, projects, clients and sectors;
- Spend your days in a creative and innovative environment;
- Share experience and knowledge as part of an agile and dynamic team;
- A great balance between work and personal life;
- Access to exciting educational opportunities (internal, conferences, events, courses, certifications, etc.);
- Personal recognition of your important professional contributions;
- Great cultural diversity across our teams.
Why join our team?
Because creativity, passion, integrity and wellness are the company’s core values, we are looking for people like you who are enthusiastic, innovative, open-minded, team players and eager to learn.
Working at Alithya is a chance to be part of an energetic, dynamic, and growing team of more than 2,000 professionals in Canada, the United States and France. Our diverse practices and the extensive major projects entrusted to us by our prestigious clients allows us to offer many high growth potential opportunities to our employees in well-established technologies.
Alithya Group is an advocate for workforce diversity and as such, encourages the participation of women in management roles. We belong to the 30% Club, which encourages women’s access to leadership positions.
Meet your co-workers!
We have made a video series about our employees called 1 minute, 1 career!
Meet Rowena, a Java Analyst Developer at the Digital Solutions Center in Montreal.
“What's also great at Alithya is that we are exposed to a variety of technologies and this helps me add to my working portfolio.”
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
At CN, we work together to move our company—and North America—forward. Be part of our Information & Technology (I&T;) team, a critical piece of the engine that keeps us in motion. From enterprise [...]
Our client, a dynamic and growing software development company, is looking for a Solution Architect to complete its team. As a Solutions Architect - Applications, you will contribute, from a Movement [...]
ABOUT THE JOB Our client, a Canadian international shipping company, is looking for a Payroll Specialist for a temporary part-time position who will oversee payroll administration for offices in Cana [...]
Our valued client is currently seeking an Intermediate Bilingual Network Specialist for a 12-month contract in Montreal (remote during Covid). Responsibilities: - Utilizing Security Analysis to [...]