BMO Financial Group
2465 Argentia Road
Job Family Group:
Strategy & Change
Defines strategies and identifies opportunities that will optimize operations and transform the client experience. Leads diagnostic activities, recommends target state business models and develops strategic roadmaps that deliver high impact results and sustained value.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Makes recommendations to senior leaders on strategy and new initiatives, based on an in-depth understanding of the business/group.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Networks with industry contacts to gain competitive insights and best practices.
- Stays abreast of industry and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analyzing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to generate meaning insights and formulate evidence-based recommendations.
- Leads transformation engagements of varying scope and type, including diagnostics, data gathering, evaluation/assessment, recommendations, readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, and sustainment.
- Leads the development of the communication strategy focusing on positively influencing or changing behaviour.
- Defines frameworks for managing processes, policies or procedures, etc. in the business/group.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Develops and manages comprehensive information management systems; designs and/or leads initiatives to improve processes, analysis and reporting.
- Reviews proposed function/project team outputs for implications to workflow design.
- Collaborates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Designs processes based on business requirements and best practices. Ensures the processes adhere to applicable risk, regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Streamlines, simplifies and continuously improves existing processes.
- Documents processes (including, but not limited to, process flows, playbooks, etc.) for vetting, communicating, and implementing processes with stakeholders.
- Ensures all processes meet established standards, effectively utilize templates and tools to track compliance and operational effectiveness standards.
- Looks for opportunities to eliminate, simplify and automate processes. Recommends approaches or changes to streamline and integrate processes to improve overall efficiency.
- Maintains current process documentation to ensure available for stakeholders as required.
- Supports management of processes using established methodologies and tools/system/technology.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Participates in the integration of Core Process transformation across business/groups to deliver process improvements for productivity savings and enhanced customer/employee experience.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Resolves issues regarding processes that are raised from all sources/stakeholders.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 4+ years of experience leading strategic engagements (or work streams on engagements) including shorter diagnostic initiatives and medium to large transformation implementations
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA considered an asset
- Experience in Consulting (internal or external) and/or Financial Services is considered an asset
- Lean Six Sigma/Agile certification considered an asset
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle - Expert.
- Knowledge of business/group processes, procedures and controls - Expert.
- Understanding of risk, regulatory and compliance requirements - Expert.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity given little to no direction.
- Synthesize complex information and present with confidence - In-depth/Expert.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Children's Aid Society of Peel Region, 25 Capston Drive, Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Req #703 Wednesday, June 16, 2021 At Peel CAS, our mission is to protect children and strengthen familie [...]
TD Description Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North America [...]
Sr. Backend Developer (Java / Scala) - 37383Location: Downtown Toronto (Remote for Covid) Length: 6 Months (High Possibility of Extension) Must Have Skills: -Experience with Java -Experience [...]
Company:IndemniPro Bilingual Claims Service Representative (Overnight) *Remote work* Full-Time Role Summary Provide immediate and customer-focused assistance to policyholders who are calling to repo [...]