Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 206684
Position Number: 20075087
Posting End Date: Open until filled
Site: WRHA Community Health Services
Work Location: Access Winnipeg West
Department / Unit: JA St. James-Assiniboia Team
Job Stream: Clinical
Union: MGEU-HC Support
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: ASAP - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Days
Annual Base Hours: 2080
Salary: $19.371, $19.813, $20.254, $20.659, $21.075
The Home Care Program helps individuals remain in the familiar environment of their own home by providing health services or assistance with activities of daily living.
Performs assigned tasks for clients which may include personal care, ambulation, transfer, positioning, ensuring medication is taken as directed, feeding and toileting as well as housekeeping, laundry, client nutritional intake and client supervision as identified in Care Plan. Follows protocol for routine practice and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment. Organizes work according to client needs and assigned tasks. Maintains accountability by working with program guidelines, and observing and reporting changes in client conditions to the Resource Coordinator, and maintain client confidentiality. Complete and submits timesheets, mileage reports and other documentation as required.
- Recent experience working with the elderly and/or physically disabled an asset.
- Satisfactory employment record required.
- Requires a Health Care Aide/Home Care Attendant certificate from an educational institution recognized by the WRHA.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required in order to make home visits to various clients in the community.
Qualifications and Skills
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently in a community setting and to function as a team member.
- Ability to travel between assignments in a community area to several private homes of clients within Winnipeg and surrounding areas and to adapt to changes in scheduling on short notice required.
- This position is also subject to TB Immunization or Tuberculin testing as per WRHA policy.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Do you have open availability? Comforts of Home - Care is seeking a Caregiver to live-in with a Senior Client. The caregiver will provide assistance with activities of daily living. Caregiver must be [...]
Les candidats référés ne doivent pas postuler directement pour ce poste. Toutes les références de candidats doivent d’abord être soumises dans Workday par un collègue de Loblaw actuel. [...]
Licensed Plumber with City of Winnipeg Contractor License & Gas Ticket. Overview: Carry out preventative maintenance and plumbing installations with specific responsibility for identifying repair [...]
Paramount Services Ltd, a full facilities management company is currently hiring a Licensed Journeyman Refrigeration Tech with Gas Ticket for a full-time position. Work is commercial/industrial. If y [...]