Overview / Responsibilities
Wood’s team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) is currently seeking Intermediate Civil Materials Technicians to join our team in Calgary, AB. This position will support the Certified Civil Engineering Laboratory (concrete, aggregate, soil, asphalt) by conducting field and laboratory testing services within the Calgary region.
- Provide quality control and quality assurance inspection and testing on a variety of laboratory and field projects including but not limited to aggregate production, earthworks, concrete, asphalt and field density programs
- Provide a high level of client service
- Ensure clear communication to client representatives and the Wood team
- Train and mentor junior staff
- Prepare field and lab reports
- Other responsibilities may include assisting geotechnical and environmental staff with field investigations, geotechnical instrumentation, and sampling
- Given the nature of our work, out of town work may be required, from time to time.
Skills / Qualifications
- Completion of a Civil or Construction Engineering Technology program
- Ideally five (5) plus years of related materials testing experience including soil, aggregate, concrete, and asphalt. Candidates with less than 5 years of experience may be considered
- Knowledge of CSA, ASTM, and Provincial test methods an asset
- Detail oriented, organized, team player and self-motivated
- Well organized approach to work, with the ability to manage and prioritize several tasks at one time and ensure commitment to service and technical excellence
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 25 kg
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Commitment to wear all appropriate Personal Protective Equipment
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Mustard Seed’s Community Engagement team fosters a Christ-centered understanding of poverty and homelessness to transform worldviews and mobilize the community. The team facilitates experiential [...]
ONE Transport Group, operating as Overnight Expedite and Black Dog Express, has an opening for a Calgary Area Dispatcher. As a key member of the operations team you will coordinate couriers by schedul [...]
Position Overview The Department of Clinical Neurosciences in the Cumming School of Medicine invites applications for a Program Lead. This Full-time Fixed Term position is for approximately 1 year (b [...]
CHILD AND YOUTH OUTREACH CASE MANAGER, OUTREACH SERVICES The Child and Youth Outreach Case Manager will work to provide a safe and supportive environment for children to engage in activities tha [...]