Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) has an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Senior Hydrogeologist based in either our Edmonton or Calgary offices to join our Assessment and Remediation (A&R;) team.
You will be joining a growing international company, helping to shape our services in local markets, and executing challenging projects for our diverse clientele. A regional team with global resources and a passion for our work, we employ some of the world’s best people and task our managers with inspiring and developing the next generation of employees. Driven by delivering value to our customers, we strive to provide safe and sustainable project solutions,
developing the full potential of our people and contributing to the communities we work in. Come join a team that is committed to being a trusted partner for our customers by consistently delivering excellence.
Reporting to the A&R; Operations Manager and working collaboratively within the Alberta and Prairie Region practice, your responsibilities may include but won’t necessarily be limited to:
- Leading, mentoring and working with a team of dynamic Hydrogeologists and other professionals, including junior, intermediate and senior scientists/engineers to grow Wood’s hydrogeology, environmental engineering/reclamation, landfill engineering, infrastructure and contaminated sites practices.
- Managing and undertaking projects and technical studies in the field of physical and contaminant hydrogeology/hydrogeochemistry in support of oil sands development, contaminated site assessments, site remediation, water resources and others as appropriate.
- Collaborating with other Wood offices/environmental staff on projects in Western Canada or international locations.
- Liaising with clients, stakeholders and agencies as required by each assignment.
- Participating in global corporate technical practice groups with the goal of elevating our technical excellence and visibility in the eyes of our clients.
- Liaising with universities, research groups and corporate technical experts in the application of innovative approaches to solving our client’s problems.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key clients.
- Providing technical leadership to a diverse team ranging from junior to senior level staff including monitoring, mentoring and leading the growth of team members.
- Assisting in the identification and recruitment of high-quality staff in order to grow and expand the technical capabilities of the group.
- Providing direction under applicable Provincial and Federal regulations.
- Overseeing quality control including review and approval of technical correspondence, project proposals, technical reports, work plans, and project specifications including cost estimates and budgets.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Geological or Civil Engineering or Geological Science degree from an accredited institution plus appropriate continuing education in engineering or geological sciences. A graduate degree would be considered an asset.
- Current registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Professional Geologist (P.Geo) in Alberta
- 10 years + direct consulting experience conducting hydrogeological investigations of oil sands sites, water supply systems, well fields and/or contaminated sites.
- Demonstrated expertise and knowledge of oil sands hydrogeology
- Expertise and knowledge of contaminant hydrogeology and/or aqueous geochemistry
- Groundwater flow and transport modelling experience would be considered an asset.
- Desire to provide exceptional client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training of intermediate and junior personnel, experience and formal training in environmental due diligence, contaminated site investigation, remediation, waste management, risk assessment or related technical areas.
- An effective communicator that thrives within a team environment.
- Strong writing skills are a must to prepare reports, proposal and other project deliverables.
- A strong desire to grow in your career with Wood Reilient Environments
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Join a world class team that is committed to bringing clean energy to British Columbia for decades to come! Located at the Site C Dam, Peace River Hydro Partners is the prime contractor on the BC Hydr [...]
Shing Digital has been providing IT solutions to the small, medium, and enterprise Clients since our incorporation in 2001. Our company was founded in Calgary and expanded with branch offices to Edmon [...]
IST Server & Application Host Competition No. - S100345098 Posting Date - May 17, 2021 Closing Date - May 26, 2021 Position Type - Full Time - Operating Funded Salary Range - $62,877 to [...]
Position Summary The Combo Vacuum Truck Operator will work with the GFL Team to provide exceptional service to our clients. Services provided include (but are not limited to) hydro excavating, confin [...]