Winnipeg Regional Health Authority
Requisition ID: 212146
Position Number: 20084577
Posting End Date: Open Until Filled
Site: Concordia Hospital
Work Location: Concordia Hospital
Department / Unit: Urgent Care
Job Stream: Clinical
Anticipated Start Date - End Date: 03/19/2021 - Indefinite
Reason for Term: Other Leave
Anticipated Shift: Nights;Weekends
Daily Hours Worked: 7.75
Annual Base Hours: 2015
Salary: $35.669, $36.914, $38.163, $39.464, $40.736, $42.056
Grow your career in the Winnipeg Health Region! Our team provides a spectrum of health care services through an integrated network of sites, services and organizations.
We’re united by a shared commitment to excellent and equitable health care.
Under the general supervision of the Clinical Manager, the Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for providing professional registered nursing services for patients, including those with complex and unpredictable health needs. These services include independent nursing services, administration of prescribed medical treatments, a leadership role within the healthcare team, and facilitating coordination of patient care and discharge. Demonstrates a commitment to the vision, values, goals, and objectives of the region/facility/unit.
- Two years current Emergency nursing experience required.
- One year Medical/Surgical nursing experience required.
- Graduate of an approved Registered Nursing education program required.
- Emergency Nursing certificate course preferred.
- Critical Care Nursing course preferred.
- Trauma Nursing Core course preferred.
- Canadian Nurses Association Emergency Certification exam preferred.
- Responsible for maintaining and providing proof of registration with the College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (CRNM).
- Active participation in professional associations e.g. Association of Registered Nurses of Manitoba (ARNM) preferred.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred.
Qualifications and Skills
- Knowledge of:
- College of Registered Nurses of Manitoba Standards of Practice for Registered Nurses.
- Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses.
- Scope of practice as documented in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA).
- Regional/Facility/Unit policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines.
- Nursing care knowledge related to clinical area.
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Protection of Persons in Care Act, Mental Health Act, Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS), Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions) and other legislated acts.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the healthcare team.
- Principles of delegation.
- Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
- Preference will be given to those applicants competent in an Indigenous language and/or knowledge in Indigenous customs, traditions and values.
- Demonstrated critical thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize care for an individual patient or group of patients.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the healthcare team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to maintain concentration with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to function in a demanding and stressful environment.
- Proficient with computers, software programs, and applications such as Windows and Word processing, spreadsheets, and databases.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Moderate to heavy physical effort required.
This term position may end earlier as outlined in your collective agreement.
The Collective Agreement this position is covered under, is identified by the Union noted above. As a result of The Health Sector Bargaining Unit Review Act, the bargaining agent for this position may differ from the Union identified. In the event you have any questions, please contact your site Human Resources Department.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions across the WRHA legal entity that combine to equal more than 1.0 EFT. The WRHA legal entity includes Churchill Health Centre, Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, Pan Am Clinic, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA corporate programs, and WRHA community health services.
Interviewed candidates may be called upon to participate in a skills assessment.
Any application received after the closing time will not be included in the competition
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Numéro de réference: LF528042324 Date de publication: 05/11/2021 Pays: Canada Prov: Manitoba Ville: Winnipeg Type d'emploi: Temporary Salaire: $0.00 - $0.00 Description du poste [...]
Requisition ID: 247062 Position Number: 20006503 Posting End Date: May 17, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Work Location: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: Plastics H [...]
Requisition ID: 247048 Position Number: 20064132 Posting End Date: May 17, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Grace Hospital Work Location: Grace Hospital Department / Unit: Emergency GGH - B Job St [...]
Requisition ID: 247051 Position Number: 20005448 Posting End Date: May 17, 2021 City: Winnipeg Site: Health Sciences Centre Work Location: Health Sciences Centre Department / Unit: PY1 Psyche [...]