University Health Network
Position: 4 Month Internship Opportunity (unpaid)
Please be aware that in addition to your application through the UHN Careers Site, you are required to follow your School's internal process to be considered for this position. Please include a brief cover letter with your application.
Organization: University Health Network
Department: Human Resources
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Downtown)
Job Title: Human Resources Intern - Unpaid (Summer 2021)
Subjects: Human Resources - Multiple positions available
Comprised of Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN,
the University Health Network (UHN) is Canada’s largest research teaching hospital. With some of the world’s top medical, research and clinical specialists, UHN consists of 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and 3,000 volunteers per year. Find out more about us at www.uhn.ca.
Purpose & Benefits of the Position:
To provide practical hands-on experience in the various Human Resources areas at UHN, AND to be involved in functions that are of interest and value to your career growth. This is an excellent opportunity to get in-depth Human Resources applied knowledge in a large healthcare organization. You will gain valuable experience in an administrative support role in one of these areas and will be able to pursue personal learning goals in Human Resources. Please note that these will be virtual, or remote/work from home internship opportunities for this semester.
Your Internship will provide experience in ONE of the following areas in the Human Resources Department.
- Administrative and project support in the Employee Relations Department
- i.e. - generate statistical reports from an electronic web-based database, research previous Labour Relations cases
Organizational and Employee Development:
- Support for the Organizational and Employee Development department
- i.e. -Posting, support and documentation of staff training in Learning Management System, updating or compiling training documentation, classroom setup and preparation when need
- Support in the Talent Acquisition Department
- i.e. - Manage job posting processes, screen applicants and prepare offer packages for new hires, participate in interview panels when possible
- Onboarding Support in the Volunteer Resources Department
- i.e. - Screen and review resumes, conduct volunteer interviews, assist with special projects or other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program focused on Human Resources with a co-op work term (preferred schools are: George Brown College, Humber College, Seneca College and Sheridan College)
- Previous office related experience or experience in Human Resources is an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communications skills, verbal and written
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must have good interpersonal skills and enjoy working in a hospital environment
- Demonstrated initiative and commitment to learning
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
POSTED DATE: March 1, 2020
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
For more information about UHN, do visit www.uhn.ca.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking for a experienced painter to help with refreshing a home. 25 hr 200 for the day. [...]
Our company is currently looking for a self-motivated plumber who produces quality work, has excellent customer service skills and wants to be part of a great team. Competitive salary based on experie [...]
An Indian Restaurant hiring freshers /experience for * Runner * Cleaner * Kitchen helper * Marketing Person * Host Full Time/ Part Time. Serious needy welcome Send Resume: [email protected] No p [...]
Company description BGM Strategy Group specializes in working with diverse, multi-stakeholder groups to create shared, evidence-informed strategies for complex issues. We apply expertise in strategy, [...]