Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: Clinical Support Attendant
Integrated Care Team, Pender Community Health Centre - Downtown Eastside (DTES) - Vancouver, BC
Heatley Community Health Centre, Downtown Community Health Centre, Ravensong Community Health Centre, Three Bridges Community Health Centre
Status: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $27.84 - $29.86 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 140952-ach
Come work as a Clinical Support Attendant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a graduate of a Social Services Diploma/Certificate program to join the teams at various Downtown Vancouver Community Health Centres as a Clinical Support Attendant. Apply today to join our team! As a Clinical Support attendant, you will:
- Establish a supportive presence that promotes a variety of trauma informed interventions, practices and clinical services that cultivate safety and respect within an multi-use/occupant community health centre and/or clinic setting.
- Provide assistance to clients with acute, chronic and palliative care needs and/or their caregivers by liaising with the clinician and community services and supporting the interdisciplinary team during the client care planning process.
- Act as a member of the on-shift response team for the site’s fire, safety and security functions and intervenes to fire, safety and security related complaints and hazards including non-clinical emergencies and aggression and mitigate identified risks to the health care team.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12.
- Diploma/Certificate in Social Services.
- Basic Security Training level 1 and 2 Certificate and one (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of principles of Trauma Informed Practice.
- Knowledge of Appreciative Inquiry.
- Able to develop interventions and care plans that are strength based and client centered.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated expertise in workplace violence prevention including personal safety techniques, and team control technique.
- Knowledge of community, social and health resources.
- Ability to keyboard 4,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with the public and other staff to deal tactfully and effectively with co-workers, public and staff from other agencies, to maintain confidentiality and to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrates ability to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general office procedures.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Administrative Secretary, Specialty Medicine BC Children’s Hospital, Vancouver Are you efficient and detail oriented? Effectively handle administrative tasks so our department runs smoothly and w [...]
Driftwood Communications is a diversified and dynamic service contractor who has been providing telecommunications solutions for over 40 years. The telecommunications industry is a constantly changing [...]
Operating Systems and Software - MARI Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Autodesk Maya - Autodesk 3ds Max Additional Skills - Work in a multidisciplinary environment Work Sit [...]
Manager, Revenue Reporting to the Director of Finance, Accounting Services and leading a team of 5, the Revenue Manager is responsible for all aspects of VIU's Revenue Streams. The incumbent will hav [...]