Vancouver Coastal Health
Job Title: PlumberWork Site: Plant Maintenance, Vancouver General Hospital - Vancouver, BCStatus: CasualStart Date:
As soon as possible
Salary: $34.42 per hourHours: VariousReference#: 140834-ndh
Come work as a Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Plumber to join the team at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Plumber with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform skilled work in the field of plumbing, steamfitting and piping systems according to standards/regulations.
- Repair and maintain low pressure steam distribution and condensate systems,
hot and chilled water piping systems and related equipment associated with the heating, glycol, heat recovery, air distribution and associated effluent, sewage and waste disposal, and medical gas, using tools and related equipment.
- Prepare appropriate rigging to move equipment.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and ''going first'' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Plumber, Class B level Gas Fitter's License with an electrical endorsement recognized by the Province of BC.
- Valid Certificate of Competency as a Cross Connection Control Specialist issued by the American Water Works Association, British Columbia Section.
- Two years' recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Trades Qualification Certificate as a journeyman Steamfitter/Pipefitter may also be required depending on site specifications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications.
Ability to organize work.
Ability to deal with others effectively.
Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Ability to operate related equipment.
Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff - both current and prospective - have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the https://my.vch.ca/working-here/job-postings site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Summary: In accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values, and strategic directions of Provincial Health Services Authority patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone [...]
Mac’s Heating is a family run heating company providing services all over Vancouver Island since 1959. We primarily serve the needs of property managers, industrial and process customers. We are lo [...]
Salary: $26.50/Hourly Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: High School Positions Available: 1 NOC Group: Plumbers (7251) [...]
- or equivalent experience Additional Skills - Schedule personnel, tools and equipment - Prepare tenders and quotations - Estimate costs and materials Work Setting - Residential - Instit [...]