Humber River Regional Hospital
Join our professional team of Registered Practical Nurses as we work together to deliver compassionate care that is responsive to the healthcare needs of our community.
At Humber River Hospital we continue to advance the important role we play as we advocate for healthcare initiatives in the diverse community we serve.Humber River will be one of the occupying hospitals at this site and as such, we are hiring Registered Practical Nurses (RPN) to work in our newly designated Alternative Level of Care (ALC) facility.
Are you a compassionate RPN who is focused on delivering high-quality, safe-care? If yes, we invite you to read the details below then apply.
Hourly Rate Range:
Start Rate $30.172 & End Rate $30.638
Schedule Requirements: 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts, days, nights, evenings and weekends
Location: Reactivation Care Centre, Church site (subject to change)
Employee Group: NOWU
- RPN responsibilities for general medicine, ALC and senior’s care
- Coordination of care within an interprofessional team
- Complete electronic Meditech 6.0 documentation system
- Participation in unit based projects or hospital committees as required
- Mentorship for new hires and pre-grad RPN nursing students
- Graduate from a recognized Registered Practical Nursing two year diploma program.
- Current RPN registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Current BCLS certification.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to set priorities.
- Minimum 2 years of recent medical/ senior’s care experience is preferred.
- Critical thinking and prioritization skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to problem solve with the team.
- Experience with patient health teaching.
- Demonstrate competency in a variety of skills including (but not limited to), intramuscular injections, intravenous therapy initiation and discontinuation, Blood Transfusion, Wound Care Dressing, Medication Administration, etc.
- Demonstrate adherence to the hospital’s code of conduct.
- Advance Physical Assessment Skill is required.
- Basic computer skills and Meditech 6.0 experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering high-quality, safe care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on building our evidence-based practice and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a great patient experience and the best quality outcomes. After all, we are the hospital that believes exceptional care...healthier community.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Score Media and Gaming Inc. empowers millions of sports fans through its digital media and sports betting products. Its media app ‘theScore’ is one of the most popular in North America, delivering [...]
LOOKING TEAM ONLY AZ OWNER OPERATORS FOR DRY VAN TO TX PLEASE DONT CALL FOR SINGLE RUNS TO TX NEED MINIMUM 2 YEARS EXPEREIENCE AND AGE MUST BE OVER 25 Fuel and tolls 100% paid by company Free truck pa [...]
ABOUT US: We are a local premier developer focusing on creating diverse masterplan communities. With 20 years of experience in advanced comprehensive real estate industry in Canada and All over the w [...]
We are looking for helpers to assist our shingle, aluminum, flat and repair departments. Previous experience is an assist. [...]