Humber River Regional Hospital
Join our team of pharmacy experts and provide safe and effective medication preparation and distribution to all clinical units and outpatient areas here at Humber River Hospital.
At Humber River Hospital, our Pharmacy department plays a pivotal role in ensuring the safe distribution and service of medications to patients which facilitates successful patient treatment outcomes in compliance with legal, regulatory and accreditation standards. The management and distribution of our medications is critical in ensuring we are able to consistently deliver the high-quality, safe care that we are known for. As we continue to grow our pharmacy operations, we are seeking a Registered Pharmacy Technician to join our team.
Are you a qualified Registered Pharmacy Technician, comfortable with technology and a strong team player who can work effectively in conjunction with the Pharmacists and other team members? Can you commit to 2-3 days for 6 weeks of day time training? If you answered yes to the questions above, we invite you to read the details below and apply to this exciting career opportunity at Humber River Hospital.
Reporting Relationship: Manager, Pharmacy Services.
Hourly Salary: $28.44 - $32.79
Availability: Must be available for all rotating shifts.
- Accountable and responsible for all technical aspects of drug distribution, including filling and checking of unit dose medication bins and interim doses, preparation of sterile products, TPN, chemotherapy and stock supplied to the patient care areas including narcotics .
- Purchasing and receiving drugs, checking expiration dates, pre-packaging, delivering medication to the patient care areas and documentation and maintenance of related records.
- Other related duties as required.
- Completion of a recognized Community College Pharmacy Technician course or equivalent required.
- Registration with the College of Pharmacists required (RPh.T designation).
- 1-2 years Pharmacy Technician experience preferred.
- Hospital pharmacy experience is an asset.
- Unit dose and/or IV additives experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team to optimize workflow in the pharmacy department.
- Good mathematical ability.
- Ability to prioritize a consistent and varied workload.
- Good written and verbal communication skills to facilitate effective customer-focused service to patients, other health care providers and volunteers
- Effective negotiation and conflict management/resolution skills.
- Ability to differentiate between brand and generic drug names and understand their clinical uses.
- Excellent attendance and discipline free record required.
Why Humber? Why Now?
Humber River Hospital is on an exciting transformation journey of redefining patient care as we leverage the most advanced technologies to enhance all aspects of delivering highly reliable safe, quality care. We continue to build a people-centered workplace with excellent staff and physician engagement by hiring passionate, diverse and inclusive healthcare professionals. People who care and live our values of Compassion, Professionalism and Respect. People who are committed to making a positive difference.
We are a Studer Group hospital, focused on evidence-based leadership practices and hardwiring a culture that WOWs.
Why? Because at Humber River Hospital, we know it’s our people and our ability to innovate that allows us to consistently deliver a positive patient experience. At Humber River Hospital we believe in exceptional care...healthier community.
This position has been filled in accordance with the OPSEU 590 collective agreement.
To express your interest in this exciting opportunity, complete the online application in confidence at www.hrh.ca/jobs.
This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this position. However, the actual responsibilities, duties, qualifications and experience may vary. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization. Information contained in this job posting/description is subject to change.
Humber River Hospital is committed to inclusion and diversity. We believe that diversity drives our culture of innovation. By bringing together a variety of different perspectives, it fuels our creative thinking, generates new ideas and creates solutions designed to address tomorrow's healthcare challenges today. We take pride in providing professional development and career advancement opportunities for our employees including minorities, women, veterans and individuals with physical and developmental disabilities. We also provide accommodation to applicants and all of our employees - from hire to retire.
Let us know what we can do to help you be successful during your recruitment experience at Humber River Hospital.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
JOB POSTING # 876740 Position: Staff Pharmacist Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Pharmacy Reports to: Pharmacy Clinical Sit [...]
JOB POSTING # 876744 Position: Staff Pharmacist Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Pharmacy Reports to: Pharmacy Clinical Sit [...]
JOB POSTING # 876778 Position: Pharmacist Site: Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, possibility of cross coverage at Toronto General Hospital & Toronto Wes [...]
JOB POSTING # 876739 Position: Staff Pharmacist Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Pharmacy Reports to: Pharmacy Clinical Sit [...]