What you will do
The Project Manager leads fire alarm projects in commercial, educational, healthcare and industrial facilities, positively representing the company in all client and architect/engineer interactions. Provides subject matter expertise in areas including project management, setup of local project offices, project scope definition, risk identification, project methodology, resource allocation, and facilitation. Maintains control of schedule, cost, safety, quality, and customer satisfaction at all times. Presents on project updates, project cycle, and expected results. May manage vendor relationships throughout the installation. Ensures projects are closed on time and in scope.
This position can be based in Calgary or Edmonton. The successful candidate may work virtually from home office or at a branch location. Travel within Western Canada may be required.
How you will do it
- Oversees and communicates project progression from inception to completion including: design, permits, material delivery, labor schedules, and field installation.
- Develops a comprehensive project plan to meet schedules and budgets.
- Conducts Work in Progress meetings.
- Understands and follows all published codes, standards, and unique project specifications.
- Ensures AHJ requirements and departmental/SOX procedures are followed.
- Coordinates change orders and drives toward overall margin improvement on every job.
What we look for
- Bachelor’s degree or technical diploma in a related field such as Construction, Project Management, Mechanical, Electrical, and minimum of 3 years’ project management experience in the Building Construction Industry, Fire protection/suppression, electrical installation.
- Experience with projects related to retrofits, HVAC controls, BAS management, Fire management, and Security management systems is desired.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
- Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, Project), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize among assignments with a strong adherence to deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, both with internal and external customers. Ability to influence without authority.
- Must be organized, detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Available for travel within Western Canada as required.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Summary: This role is perfect for an energetic, motivated, and experienced maintenance technician capable of working independently and with a team. London at Heritage Station is a condomini [...]
Job Information Job Requisition ID: 9366 /9429 Ministry: Service Alberta Location: Edmonton Full or Part-Time: Full Time Hours of Work: 36.25 hours per week Regular/Temporary: Temporary – one [...]
Highlights of the job We are hiring one (1) full-time temporary, Storeman position (up to 11 months), working out of Edmonton, AB. As the Storeman, you will support Warehousing and Inventory oper [...]
Job Summary: The Inside Sales Representative sells products to internal and external NOV customers while focusing on delivering superior customer service to our existing customer base as well as all [...]