What you will do?
Perform service for our existing projects and customers, in addition to supporting installation and commissioning activities on, access control, CCTV, intrusion alarm and intercom system projects.
How you will do it?
- Performing Preventative Maintenance (PM) and Audits for existing customer base and ensuring optimal performance of their security and access control systems from both a hardware and software perspective. In addition to PM’s, perform on demand service in all aspects of security and controls to meet customer expectations and manufacturer specifications including:
- Evaluating and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshooting potential field wiring problems
- Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective method in restoring a specific system back to normal condition
- Field coordination and communication, system programming, commissioning, AHJ testing and training on new system installations
- Manage and estimate repairs and service calls in regard to field labor hours, materials and equipment
- Read and understand complicated blueprints, diagrams, schematics, submittals, software/system programs, and operation/product manuals
- Prepare Service Reports on daily activities
- Success will be measured through validation of customer satisfaction, clear and concise communication, root cause analysis and first time problem resolution.
More Role Details:
- May be required to work overtime and on-call
- Required to lift and or carry equipment and tools, which may be over forty (40) pounds
- Working environment will involve climbing ladders, scaffoldings or use of lifts with equipment, at heights upwards of forty (40) feet.
- Capable of working in cramped workspaces such as ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Must adhere to JCI safety policies and procedures
- Complete mileage and monthly vehicle reports in a timely manner.
What we look for ?
- 5+ years’ experience with installation and/or service of access control, CCTV, intrusion and intercom system.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of electricity and electronics. In addition, demonstrate an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing necessary repairs
- Ability to effectively work independently
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service
- Be able to carry and move equipment/tools weighing up to 40 pounds
- Minimum high school/trade school graduate, military, or two year Associate degree in a technical field involving electronics or computers
- Working knowledge of personal computers (Windows 2000, XP, Windows 7) and Microsoft's suite of Office software
- Working knowledge of IT network systems
- Ability to use hand and power tools and test equipment such as multi-meters, oscilloscopes, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters and communication devices as required
Nice to Have:
- Security experience with but not limited to P2000, CCURE 9000, NICET, DCJS, Genetec, Milestone, HID, AXIS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read and understand complex building architectural, mechanical and electrical documents, as well as project plans, specifications, schedules and equipment installation/operation/troubleshooting manual.
- CompTIA A+
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Looking For a Delivery Driver to Delivery to the Areas below. KLEINBURG-WOODBRIDGE-VAUGHAN-MAPLE-RICHMOND HILL you will delivery anywhere from 30-60 packages per day. You will be paid $2.00 per box. A [...]
Success requires teamwork. When experts share their knowledge and passion, ideas can develop quickly. This is what we call a good environment for innovation and that’s why we provide students and re [...]
Job Description Urgently Hiring for Join our Team! If you are a person that strives for excellence, loves to drive and owns a registered vehicle, we can offer you a career with First Route Driving [...]
The Role: Graduate Systems Analyst We are recruiting a Graduate Systems Analyst to join our Poker team in Richmond Hill! Why we need you: As a member of the wider Poker Development team, you will [...]