General Motors Canada
There’s never been a more exciting time to work for General Motors.
To achieve our vision of a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, we need people to join us who are passionate about creating safer, better and more sustainable ways for people to get around. This bold vision won’t happen overnight, but just as we transformed how the world moved in the last century, we are committed to transforming how we move today and in the future.
Why Work for Us
Our culture is focused on building inclusive teams, where differences and unique perspectives are embraced so you can contribute to your fullest potential as you pursue your career. Our locations feature a variety of work environments,
including open work spaces and virtual connection platforms to inspire productivity and flexible collaboration. And we are proud to support our employees volunteer interests, and make it a priority to join together in efforts that give back to our communities.
As a SAFe© Product Owner, you will be responsible for definition, prioritization and release of features for embedded mapping software. You will guide development, demonstration, triage, test & release of realtime embedded software for high impact projects that deliver on GM’s future around autonomous and EV.
• Prioritization of work for the embedded software agile team for mapping
• Coordination and participation in all SAFe© agile ceremonies: backlog refinement, iteration planning, demos, retrospectives, daily standup, PO/PM synchronization, PI Planning, System demos and IP iteration.
• Contribute to high quality embedded software solutions as part of a larger team; leading and participating in future development
• Collaborate with Systems Engineers, Architect and customers in establishing feature requirements
• Conduct design and code reviews for C++14 and Python projects
• Lead and participate in embedded SW implementation, applying strong SW development principles
• Conduct software verification (unit testing, simulation, test automation, on hardware and in-vehicle as needed)
• Utilize agile software development methodologies including continuous integration and continuous deployment through DevOps
• Take ownership of each feature release including delivery to customers
Required Skills and Experience
- Completion of SAFe© Product Owner training
- 4+ years working in automotive production environment of SAFe© Agile Release Train or Agile Scrum
- 8+ years designing and developing production software in C++, including C++14
- 5+ years of automotive embedded software development or similar
- Development experience in another language (e.g. Python, C#)
- Experience developing unit tests based on GTest and GMock
- Experience in object-oriented software development, algorithms, and data structures, design patterns
- Experience working with large code bases, developing entirely new code and maintaining existing code, within a CI/CD environment, over multiple model years
- Experience providing technical guidance to team members
- Ability to investigate issues based on limited information. Demonstrated high level of analytical ability to resolve complex problems.
- Creative, disciplined, strong sense of responsibility
- Strong leadership and interpersonal communication skills, proven ability to collaborate effectively with team members locally and remotely, and with customers under pressure.
- Must be legally allowed to work in Canada and be able to travel to the US
- Must have a valid Canadian driver’s license
Minimum Education Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechatronics, Software, Electrical or Computer Engineering
- DFSS Blackbelt
- Completion of SAFe© Product Owner (POPM) training
- Advanced degrees preferred
Additional Job Description
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Understanding of major automotive vehicle systems such as Advanced Driver-Assistance (ADAS)
- Exposure to Automotive Platforms (Ethernet/CAN/LIN, AUTOSAR, QNX)
- Knowledge of vehicle architectures, serial and ethernet data communication, and hardware/software interfaces
- Experience with big data databases (e.g. Hadoop/SQL/NoSQL)
- Exposure to sensors or embedded devices - eg. cameras, radars, LiDARs
- Experience with Machine/Deep Learning algorithms
- Experience with Data Visualization and Business Intelligence tools (e.g. HUE, Jupyter, PowerBI)
- Exposure to GPU computing
- Experience with SAFe methodologies
- Experience with OBDII, ISO26262 functional safety control systems
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We, Located at Markham, Ontario Canada, a Telephony and IT Networking solution products supplier. We are seeking a high energy, successful IT Networking sales professional to join the growing team in [...]
We are an industry expert in wireless communications and radio frequency (RF) technology. The company pioneered affordable Long-Range Wireless communication solutions, and creates wireless voice and d [...]
Geri Health Home Care Now Hiring Personal Support Workers to join our team! Full Time and Part Time Opportunities Days, Evening, and Night – 8 hour shifts Available Geri Health Staffing is partne [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications Adobe Illustrator Adobe Photoshop MS Excel MS PowerPoint MS Windows MS Word Corel Draw InDesign Area of Specialization Graphi [...]