Position: Technical Team Lead Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Id: 2394-2085 # of Openings: 1 About Compugen Compugen is one of Canada's largest privately-owned Information Technology (IT) Solution Providers. We help customers design, acquire, integrate and operate technology. Our mission is to help organizations realize new possibilities. Every day, our dedicated staff across North America focus on providing extraordinary customer service and support experiences to private and public sector organizations. We combine breadth of skill, depth of expertise, and commitment to operational excellence at scale to deliver exceptional, customer-focused experiences.
If you are driven to make a difference,
relentlessly curious and collaborative at the core, we’d love to talk to you. Join us and help us make a difference.
Job Purpose: To support and maintain business critical infrastructure, applications and operating systems.
- Provide 3rd line technical support at an OS level for Business Systems. Predominantly working with Microsoft Technologies, VMWare, Red Hat Linux, HP Storage and Cisco network technologies but can include other operating systems, network and datacentre technologies as required.
- Be part of an out of hours ‘on-call’ rotation and a rotation for workday shifts
- Support incident change and release management functions.
- Work effectively with national colleagues and partners.
- Act as the primary Operational Technical resource on designated projects in the deployment and ongoing support of new business systems.
- Initiate and Implement improvements in the reliability and availability of the production environment.
- Fulfil Service Management function for designated services (undertake service reporting, capacity planning, problem management and change management tasks).
- Provide direction and coordination to two local resources and reporting line of site to the Senior Manager, Systems Operations.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships
- Demonstrate ability to be assertive when necessary
- Remains calm and focused in stressful situations
- Be at ease with communicating both internally and externally at all levels
- Ability to participate as part of a team
- Adopt a sensitive approach towards confidential information
- Act in a proactive rather than reactive manner
- Ability to relate to senior IT staff and business managers, through clear understanding of the ES business strategy and IT services in place.
- Communicate with impact and action giving the participants a positive image of person and department.
- Use different methods to resolve conflict to create a win-win situation
- Build confidence and enthusiasm with other staff.
- Build and maintain partnership with customers and external suppliers ensures information is feed back into department.
- Consults with clients and teammates to identify all facets of an issue and generate a solution. Understands potential impacts to processes and systems across organization and factors these into solutions. Excellent conceptualization, analytical and logic skills.
General Knowledge and Technical Skills:
- Experienced enterprise knowledge of Microsoft (incl. Azure) and Linux server OS administration (installation, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting, etc)
- Detailed knowledge to include installation, configuration, performance tuning, troubleshooting of Microsoft Exchange in both on premises and Azure, including Expressroute
- Experience in the administration and configuration of Enterprise Backup systems (TSM, NetBackup, Veeam and Commvault and Azure backup)
- Detailed knowledge of RADIUS authentication and configuration
- Deep-level awareness of networking (TCP/IP, DNS, Firewall, etc.)
- Security principles and practices (i.e., NIS, LDAP, Sarbanes Oxley)
- Experience in the management, support and configuration of SDWAN using Silverpeak
- Detailed knowledge of support for Cisco routers and switching including Meraki
- Detailed experience managing multi-vendor and co-lo datacentre facilities and technologies
Required Education and Experience:
- Proven experience in general IT roles including as a Unix Systems Engineer and preferably as a senior in a team (must be able to prove personal involvement in a substantial volume of related IT work in a full employment role)
Key Result Areas
- Communicates with enthusiasm and with clear impact, constructive and to the point for the participants.
- Demonstrates that they are taking in all the discussion. Others feel their points are appreciated and understood.
- Supports and contributes to processes for internal and external data flow.
- Able to provide and present well thought out, accurate and timely written communication. Also assists others in their preparation of documents
- Able to adapt communication and approach based on situation presented when communicating with all staff levels within the business.
- Uses different methods to resolve conflict to create a win-win situation.
- Assists team to develop and ‘owns’ the team objectives.
- Helps others to develop and use their skills and identifies any skill gaps within the team.
- Detailed knowledge of customer base with ability to advise others of special requirements and priorities. Participates in customer meetings.
- Fully understands the concept of customer focus and applies it at all times. Owns delivery of service across teams by co-ordinating efforts. Strives to exceed customer expectations and encourages others to do the same.
- Builds and maintains partnership with internal and external customers, ensures information is fed back into department. Actively searches for information and feedback through associated work groups, businesses, societies and other sources.
- Provides proactive approach to problem solving,
- Able to think of complete life cycle of tasks or projects and manages impact of change to business and department.
- Recognizes decision making and innovation as tools to develop understanding of the business, and encourages others to do the same
Commitment to Quality
- Is able to assist members of team with complex administrative tasks. Takes responsibility for accuracy of own work plus checking work of others in team.
- Adheres, reviews and recommends changes to published processes and procedures (e.g. ITIL).
Organization and planning
- Organizes own workload and oversees team and other internal and external contacts to ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to resolve conflicting priorities within the team. Assesses priorities and can determine between urgent and important.
Technology, Tools skills and Processes
- Demonstrates mastery of tools and techniques.
- Leads forums to advance and helps standardize skill sets / tools / processes.
- Seen as a resource across teams.
- Performs individual research to learn new technology. Applies these new skills to job requirements as needed, and within IT strategy
- Performance analysis and System tuning
- Licensing and Account management.
- Good security awareness and scripting skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Have good experience in a very customer-facing role.
- Ability to prioritize work and manage multiple issues.
- Complete professional integrity when working with confidential data.
Equity Statement Consistent with our commitments to equity and diversity, we actively recruit from all designated groups. We also provide employment accommodation upon request to current staff members and to applicants during the recruitment process. We aim to provide a work environment where excellence is allowed to flourish and diversity is prized. Compugen is committed to providing accommodation throughout the interview and employment process. If you require an accommodation, the hiring manager and the human resources contact will work with you to meet your needs
Apply for this Position
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
About Avanade's Advisory Practice Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we There's one in every group--the person who dreams big and has the motivation [...]
Reporting to the Manager, Enterprise Applications, the Manager, Corporate Applications will be responsible for managing the Corporate applications portfolio, both on premise and in the cloud. Th [...]
We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients. At CIBC, we embrace your str [...]
JOB INFORMATION Requisition ID: 2958 Number of Vacancies: 1.00 Department: Corporate Communications (20000063) - Corporate Communications (30000081) Salary Information: $107,616.60 - $134, [...]