Lannick Group of Companies
About the Company
Our client is a leading Canadian manufacturer looking to add an Assistant Controller to their team to assist with FP&A;, costing, operational accounting, and internal controls. This role reports to the Controller and there are two Accounting clerks/analysts that report into this position.
Why Work Here
- Report to a fantastic CPA, CA who really knows the business and will be an excellent mentor
- Business is rapidly growing as the mining sector is going through another period of significant expansion
- Great compensation package and lots of tenure in the business
About the Opportunity
- Support and promote company health and safety initiatives.
- Prepare month-end financial statements i.e.
actuals, forecast summaries, profitability reports and analysis, capital sales, cost of sales reports, etc.,
- Analyze inventory on hand and calculate quarterly reserve on excess inventory
- Review parts inventory and finished goods, used and rental equipment for proper valuation
- Assist in estimates of new and proposed product or service costs.
- Cost monthly capital sales to ensure proper recognition of accurate margins
- Provide management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Conduct analysis of various financial reports to identify discrepancies, trends, etc.
- Define and accumulate costs on segments of manufacturing activity or areas of responsibility (cost centers).
- Assist Production/Inventory Control in establishing internal control procedures and source documents for inventory valuation and income determination.
- Participate in financial and procedural audits relative to SOX requirements,
- Analyze audits of costs and prepare reports.
- Assist in preparation of all tax reports including annual income tax packages and transfer pricing documentation for both the Canada and United States,
- Prepare and submit sales tax reports for multiple jurisdictions,
- Assist with daily invoicing requirements and other day-to-day accounting issues,
- Help identify areas for efficiency within the department,
- Work within expected company standards regarding ethics, safety, quality / ISO and environmental matters.
- 3+ years of experience from public accounting or a related industry
- Manufacturing and/or mining experience is an asset
$85,000 - $95,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 29150.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
As a Stash & Co. in-store Bookkeeper, you are responsible for cash management and financial reporting while ensuring accuracy and efficiency in the cash office. In addition, you will: - Reconcile the [...]
At Stash & Co., it’s all about our guests. Our mission is to provide our community with safe, health Canada-approved cannabis and accessories. Whether you are new to cannabis, or a seasoned consumer [...]
At Stash & Co., it’s all about our guests. Our mission is to provide our community with safe, health Canada-approved cannabis and accessories. Whether you are new to cannabis, or a seasoned veteran, [...]
Full-time, K-12 Northern Classroom Teachers Teach For Canada is recruiting teachers for full-time classroom positions in First Nations in northern Ontario and Manitoba. Successful candidates will sta [...]