Manulife Financial Corporation
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Senior Auditor / Associate Manger is accountable for completing assigned audit work of all types (key risk audits, defined procedures, project risk reviews, financial control testing and other special projects) and works under the direction of the Audit Manager and Director. The Senior Auditor / Associate Manager would typically be assigned responsibility to complete specific components of the audit project.
More experienced individuals may be assigned auditor-in-charge role in the audit project.
- Complete audit assignments in accordance with department and IIA standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management
- Follow-up on open audit issues until resolved as assigned.
- Use technology and data analytics to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the audit process.
- Managing business unit management’s expectations regarding deadlines and deliverables.
- Establish a high-level of credibility and build professional relationships with business unit management.
- Prioritization and time management in a multi-tasking environment.
- Keep current with new audit techniques, company policies and procedures, and knowledge of the wealth and insurance industry.
- Provide on the job training to new staff assisting on assignments.
- Collaborating with management to obtain a consensus on establishing the problem, the nature and potential impact of risks, and corresponding recommendation to resolve the risk exposure.
- University degree required
- A recognized accounting (CPA) or auditing (CIA, CISA) designation required
- 2 to 4 years of internal/external audit or equivalent business experience
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and their risk implications, ability to analyze situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
- Knowledge of audit practices, tools, techniques, concepts, and trends
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others
- Commitment to quality and results oriented
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and projects, and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ideal candidate will be knowledgeable of Wealth and Asset Management products (i.e., retirement, investments)
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we operate as Manulife across our offices in Canada, Asia, and Europe, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. We provide financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2020, we had more than 37,000 employees, over 118,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving over 30 million customers. As of December 31, 2020, we had $1.3 trillion (US$1.0 trillion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $31.6 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 155 years. We trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AUTOBODY/PREP PERSON REQUIRED FOR MISSISSAUGA BODYSHOP. PLEASE TEXT 416-528-5733 [...]
Up to 90% of Gross Revenue - Company Fuel Cards - 24/7 Dispatch - Paid Parking - Paid Plates Several different lanes to choose from. Apply Now. https://freightx.ca/drivers 416-897-9332 [...]
We have been retained by a privately held, UK-based biotechnology company to recruit a Canadian based (location flexible) Technical Marketing Lead. Our client has a vision to offer their customers an [...]
Children's Ages - Infant (3 months - 11 months) Additional Skills - Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties - Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents Work Setti [...]