Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Magna Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Magna Powertrain.
lay out and construct dies and fixtures according to engineering drawings. Repair and maintain dies and fixtures as required. Responsible for spare Tooling.
- Give input/ideas to Engineering Department on tooling/design alternatives for unique or difficult jobs. Help trouble shoot small tooling problems.
- Complete any work required on track sheet and ensure that all inspection sheets are correct.
- Make sure that all log books and PM’s are up to date.
- Perform set-ups as required.
- Develop new dies; make changes to meet or exceed quoted rates and improve product capability.
- Responsible for maintaining tooling documentation (tooling history) up to the smallest detail.
- Continuous Improvement.
- Communicate changes with fellow employees and supervisors.
- Responsible for die sign off and die approval.
- Ensure that die’s are ready according to production schedule.
- Minimize downtime through quality improvement activity.
- Work together with fellow employees & personnel of other departments.
- Ensure production readiness of all dies, by following the preventative maintenance schedule, die service procedure, and spare parts system requirements.
- Recommend maintenance and equipment repair necessary to achieve the highest possible efficiency, safety and quality.
- Perform other assignments from time to time as management so directs.
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma or ministry-approved equivalent
- Tool & Die Certificate of Qualification
- 3+ years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment as a licensed Tool & Die Maker
- Transfer Tooling, broach machine and tooling experience would be considered an asset
- Capable of full construction of new tools
- Excellent independent trouble-shooting and problem solving skills
- Good understanding of GD&T; level 1, SPC level 2, Metrology, Blueprint Reading & Basic CNC lathe/machining programming
- Able to work independently
- Excellent documentation skills
- Working knowledge of the English Language (both written and oral).
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description Job Description We are seeking warehouse workers to start immediately in ON area. Applicants should be highly organized, energetic individual and looking to work long term. Responsi [...]
Starting Salary: $55,000.00/ Year Work hours: 40hr/week Work Location: 45 Di Poce Way (FedEx Ground Canada Terminal) Please email your resume to [email protected] (Must send resume to be Considered) [...]
Our people are the best part about Demetres and we're always looking for the right people to carry the tradition of excellence. Demetres is a place where good things happen. We serve brilliant dessert [...]
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from [...]