What you will do
Under minimal supervision, completes assigned programming, commissioning, basic troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of fire / security systems per contract obligations.
How you will do it
- Assists experienced personnel with solutions to systems problems, either troubleshooting the system or advising others on how to resolve problems. Requires understanding of core and third party fire / security products, software and systems / electrical technology.
- Assists in performing required commissioning documentation. Provide accurate information for as-builts documentation.
- Adheres to safety standards and local and national codes, with a high degree of regard to employee and subcontractor safety.
- Proficient in using volt meter and reading wiring diagrams/schematics
- Able to troubleshoot access control and CCTV/IP cameras issues
- Maintains appropriate local and National Fire / Security Industry Certifications.
- Communicates with customer upon arrival and before leaving the work site. Continuous proactive customer interactions including an in-depth understanding of customer(s) needs wants and systems currently in place.
- Assists in monitoring project execution per plan. Reports problems or changes to supervisor or management.
- Completes paperwork and on site documentation as required.
- Performs self-study (reading, research, and practice) to obtain technical proficiency on required products and application.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for
- Completion of a college diploma in IT or Electrical/Electronic or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience within the Security and Access Control industry or Preference will be given to those who have IT standards and network topology experience
- Must have working knowledge of equipment application, compatibility, mounting techniques, programming, and testing
- Experience supporting the implementation of analog, hybrid and IP CCTV systems, access control systems, intercom systems, wireless, intrusion systems, and Nurse Call
- Understanding of communication protocols
- Must have working knowledge of local and national codes for inspection and test purposes
- Demonstrated ability to program basic operations on micro-processor based systems without supervision
- Proficient in the operation of computers and knowledgeable on MS operating systems (including Windows 2000 Server).
- Ability to configure PC hardware and application programs
- Computer Network Experience and Qualifications would be a strong asset to this position
- Experience working in the construction industry and construction management
- Experience in the design or design assist in low voltage applications is desirable
- Understand technical system architecture
- Strong troubleshooting skills with working knowledge of electronic test equipment
- Ability to lift equipment and tools up to 20-40 lbs
- Ability to climb ladders and scaffolding
- Strong communication skills and customer service focus
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to possess government clearance for sites via police background check
- Must be willing and capable to travel in and outside the province and to the USA for training and project related purposes if required.
- CCURE, Genetec, and Milestone certification & experience would be an asset
- ASCOM, EZCare, Zettler, and Austco certification & experience would be an asset
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Essential Responsibilities Shaker Room: Run the following standard tests: Incoming Evaluation Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) Acceptance Test Procedure (ATP) Learn and understand [...]
Mechanical Repairer Specific Skills Test and adjust units to specifications Complete reports to record problems and work performed Inspect and test mechanical units to locate faults and malfu [...]
or equivalent experience Major Work Area Service Repair Area of Specialization Cameras Electronic Specific Skills Test and adjust repaired products for proper functioning Re [...]
Position: Computer/Printer Field Technician - TSR1 Location: Hamilton, Ontario Job Id: 2168 # of Openings: 1 Compugen is Canada's largest privately-owned and operated Information Technology [...]