What you will do
• Responsible for the execution of service schedules including routine servicing, inspection and upselling
• Perform service and inspection activities on electrical fire alarm systems - Troubleshoot systems and perform necessary repairs
• Meet customer expectations while performing quality service and inspections calls
• Manage inspection issues on-site to ensure fiscal requirements are met - Evaluate and diagnose equipment that requires servicing as well as troubleshoot problems
• Provide specific solutions and recommendations to customers on the most efficient and cost effective methods to return equipment to working order.
How you will do it
Work with low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment.
Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers and/or hard copy.
Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop computer.
Make minor repairs with minimal supervision.
Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
Complete assigned inspections on time.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
• 4 or more years of experience within the Fire Protection industry as an Inspection Technician.
• Knowledge of provincial building and fire codes for inspection purposes
• Ability to transport equipment and tools weighing up to 40 lbs.
• Ability to work in confined spaces and adept at maneuvering ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet
• Basic knowledge of electricity/electronics
• Strong computer and related software application skills
• Ability to manage large projects accurately and efficiently
• Customer service focused with ability to adapt to changing customer needs
• A valid motor vehicle license (Class 5) with annual abstracts to maintain eligibility
• Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation.
• CFAA certification considered an asset
• Preference will be given to those with experience in programming Simplex panels
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Nous sommes à la recherche d’un conseiller (ère), culture et communications internes (pigiste/contrat de d'environ 15h semaine) au sein de l’équipe des communications qui travaillera en étroit [...]
En raison de la situation COVID-19 Jobs.westisland.ca s’ajuste à la situation actuelle afin d’unir les résidents de l’Ouest-de-l’Île à la recherche d’un emploi aux entreprises locales. [...]
Are you ready to join a team of tech-savvy music lovers and thrive in an exciting, fast-paced, and innovative work environment? Our team is currently looking for a Data Scientist to contribute on a v [...]
TELUS favorise votre cheminement de carrière! Notre programme coopératif contribuera à votre apprentissage, à votre perfectionnement et, ultimement, à votre carrière. Nos programmes de travail [...]