The O&M; Stationary Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of Hospital infrastructure equipment and systems in both the Central Utility Plant and Hospital mechanical rooms.
The O&M; Stationary Engineer reports directly to the Chief Operating Engineer.
- Operates and maintains all mechanic equipment such as steam boilers, compressors, generators, air conditioning, H.V.A.C units and other related building equipment and systems.
- Inspects, installs, repairs, and replaces pipes, fittings, and maintains heating, water and drainage systems
- Records readings from equipment in the log book
- Performs chemical tests on boilers, air conditioning,
heating, water softeners, and applies chemicals as needed
- Cleans and changes filters as required
- Performs routine repair duties in the kitchen, M.D.R., and Operating Room
- Performs routine duties in the mechanical rooms
- Performs Daily or Nightly rounds of equipment and systems and records readings on the Rounds Cards
- Cleans, lubricates, and checks belts, steam traps, and pumps
- Performs all maintenance duties throughout the Hospital after hours and on weekends when the Facility Maintenance Department is closed
- Participates in all departmental training programs including but not limited to, Lock Out/Tag Out, but all other JCCLP Safety Tool Box talks.
- May shovel snow, and spread salt and sand to assist snow removal contractor
- Ensures personal protective equipment is properly utilized and maintained
- Actively participates in all Hospital Codes (either tests or real) directly related to Facility Maintenance involvement
- Knowledge and understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act (attend training as required)
- 4th Class Stationary Engineer or above
- Refrigeration Ticket B
- Graduate of a trade or vocational school
- Graduate of a Building Operators Technicians course is preferred
- Previous experience in a large institution working with HVAC, Med Gas, Life Safety systems, and other infrastructure equipment
- Ability to perform a variety of duties according to specific assignments
- Excellent communication skills when dealing with staff and patients
- Ability to read, write, and follow oral and written instruction
- Lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch to make repairs or installations, or to gain access to pipes.
- Near-visual acuity.
- Subject to noise and heat from machinery.
All employees of Johnson Control Inc. share a common responsibility to act in accordance with the commitment to safe and compassionate patient care and a safe and healthy work environment.
Work in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the regulations including but not limited to: use or wear of equipment or protective devices or clothing for safety purposes, report to their manager any contravention of this Act or regulations or the existence of any hazards of which he or she knows
***This is a bargaining union position***
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Overview: Recipe Unlimited Corporation is Canada’s leading full service restaurant company. Home to such iconic brands as Swiss Chalet, Harvey’s, St.Hubert, The Keg, Montana’s, Kelseys, Milest [...]
Job Description: Patient Access Representative - Scheduling Permanent Part Time position There’s never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art [...]
Huntington Road 8265, L4L 1A5 Vaughan, Kanada ab sofort möglich Deine Rolle in unserem Team - Clear machine faults in a timely and efficient manner using logic - Respect established procedur [...]
We are looking for a hydraulic technician, preferably with experience in truck mounted hydraulic equipment , installation, wiring and repair. Working mainly on bucket trucks and related equipment and [...]