What you will do
The O&M; Chief Stationary Operator is part of our P3 Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. This position will be located at the Cortellucci Vaughan Hospital.
Reporting to the Customer Business Manager, the Chief Operating Engineer is responsible for the safe and efficient operation and maintenance of the Central Utility Plant (CUP), HVAC, Air handling units, emergency generators and building systems at a Hospital in Vaughan. The facility is managed by Johnson Controls Canada LP in a P3 environment.
How you will do it
Monitors and oversees Steam Boiler Plant, Chiller Plant, Emergency Generators, HVAC, AHUs, Water Treatment, RO Systems and Medical Gas systems.
She/he oversees a team of operating engineers that are unionized.
Implements operational and preventative maintenance plans for the Power Plant that support Hospital operations and reduce risk.
Ensures compliance with all applicable regulations, standards and hospital policiesIdentifies ongoing energy conservation measures and undertakes measures to operate the plant within the energy targets.
Provides recommendations to senior management on emerging technology, trends, legislative changes and industry best practices.
Establishes and monitors annual goals and objectives to ensure ongoing improvements in customer service, operational efficiency, cost effectiveness, safety and compliance.
Regularly interacts with approved consultants, suppliers and service providers.
Coordinates contracted services and manages a variety of projects pertaining to building systems and the Central Utility Plant.
What we look for
• 2nd Class Operating Engineer TSSA is mandatory.
• Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in an engineering or related field
• Minimum 7 years of experience as an operating engineer is required.
• Computer proficiency (Work, Word, Power Point)
• Proficiency in Building Automation (BAS) and maintenance management systems (CMMS) required
Experience in a Management role is required
• Strong organization, prioritization and time-management skills required
• Demonstrated thorough understanding of applicable legislation and standards required
• Demonstrated leadership, coaching, interpersonal, communication and risk management skills
• Experience working in a global team environment and communicating effectively across multiple cultures
• Skilled at client relationship management
• High degree of client service orientation and sense of urgency
• Self-motivated, accountable and timely with the ability to multi-task
• Skilled at emergency preparedness and business continuity planning and execution
• Possesses a high degree of safety mindset
• Demonstrated ability to respond quickly and effectively under pressure
• Fully Vaccinated and able to provide proof
• Experience in a hospital and in a P3 environment is preferred
• Post-secondary training in business management preferred
• Significant and recent management/leadership/technical experience, in a health care setting
• Proven superior strategic thinking, analytical, decision making, and problem-solving skills
• Demonstrated fiscal responsibility and budget management experience
• Understanding of current CSA infection prevention and control practices preferred
• Demonstrated high level of Emotional Intelligence and self-management principles
• Well-developed communication, influence, persuasion and negotiation skills with the ability to provide clear direction and follow-up
• Knowledge of current building standards, code and legislative requirements for systems under their care
Johnson Controls and each of its Canadian subsidiaries are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants, candidates and employees with disabilities, in accordance with applicable human rights legislation and in Ontario, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (“AODA”). If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Sales Consultant - Porsche Pfaff Automotive Pfaff Automotive Partners is a group of automotive enthusiasts who share a passion for cars, motorcycles and motorsports. Pfaff is voted one of Canada’s [...]
Skanna Systems & Investigations Inc. is currently looking for a Full-Time-Flexible-Shift Security Guard in VAUGHAN, ONTARIO. **DRIVING LICENSE MUST** **FULL TIME ONLY** **FULL FLEX FOR ANY SHIFT** [...]
Aztec Electrical Supply is hiring a Purchasing Agent. Aztec is the most dynamic and fastest growing electrical supplier in Canada; opened in 2003 with the goal of filling the service gaps within the [...]
Company description 6 & Main Real Estate Group, under the Royal LePage Premium One Realty, Brokerage. We are a satellite office located in Kleinburg ON. Our mission is to make sure our clients are ha [...]