We’re building a relationship-oriented bank for the modern world. We need talented, passionate professionals who are dedicated to doing what’s right for our clients.
At CIBC, we embrace your strengths and your ambitions so you feel empowered at work. Our team members have what they need to make a meaningful impact and feel truly valued for who they are and what they contribute.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
As Sr User Experience Designer, you will join CIBC’s Experience Design (XD) team working on CIBC’s customer-facing public properties, such as CIBC.com,
Simplii Financial and CIBC US Bank. You’ll bring more than 5-years’ experience and in-depth knowledge of user-centered design principles, information architecture, UX methodologies and overall strong UX leadership to the team. You’ll leverage a broad portfolio of work and conceptual thinking to execute fast-paced prototypes and designs that always surprise and delight. You’ll use your solid knowledge of design tools (including Sketch, Axure, InVision, Adobe Creative Suite and presentation software) to create engaging and intuitive pages that help reinvent the digital space. You’ll share your passion for design with a cross-functional team of Product Design Leads, Visual Designers, UX Designers, Content Strategists and writers who’ll share your vision. Together, you’ll drive client-focused digital transformation to simplify how our clients navigate our pages. You will bring experience leading a project from beginning to end. You will be expected to confidently take the lead on all UX tasks and deliverables within your team and be able to provide research, testing, insights, feedback, recommendations and learning along the way. You will actively contribute to the definition, documentation and communication of design standards together with the other UX Designers on the XD team. In addition to leadership, you will have strong organization and time management skills.
How You’ll Succeed
- Design excellence - You lead by example and collaborate with your team to deliver exceptional user experiences at every stage in a project’s life cycle, from concept to creation. You use an acute attention to detail to weave a cohesive design language into our pages, establish a clear visual hierarchy and communicate your design rationale with confidence and skill. Your vision shapes the look and feel of our pages so they’re consistent, engaging and recognizable.
- Growth mindset - You support agile, innovation and change, ensuring our designs are fast-paced, scalable and future-proofed. You leverage your deep understanding of UX design principles to help communicate, promote and govern enterprise-wide design systems.
- Thought leader - You’re an advisor and guide who provides timely and effective feedback to iterate and drive your craft forward. You’re a UX design expert who can set industry standards and best practices. And, you’re a mentor who can shape perspectives, grow design maturity and inspire others to embed design thinking into everything we do.
Who You Are
- Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values - trust, teamwork and accountability.
- You notice things that others don't. Your critical thinking skills help to inform your decision making.
- You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
- You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
- You seek out innovative solutions and embrace evolving technologies. You can easily adapt to new tools and trends.
- You engage with purpose to find the right solutions. You go the extra mile, because it's the right thing to do.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
- Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
- Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
- Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
- Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
- CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact [email protected]
- You need to be legally eligible to work at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
Toronto-40 Dundas St. W., 4th
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
A BIT ABOUT US Lever was founded eight years ago to tackle the most strategic challenge that companies face: how to recruit and hire top talent. We’re building the next generation of hiring softwa [...]
At EQ, we look for talented, high-potential individuals who are always looking to better themselves and the team around them. Our approach is simple EQ offers a unique opportunity to thrive and grow i [...]
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations: Toronto Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching Have ma [...]
Job Type: Permanent Primary Location: Multiple Locations, Canada All Available Locations: Calgary; Ottawa; Toronto Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems Enjoy flex [...]