BMO Financial Group
100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Performs sophisticated data analytics to explore and identify known or previously unidentified criminal behaviours among employee groups across BMO. Supports investigations against people or property of BMO by providing key data or supporting the investigative process. Applies knowledge of analytics algorithms and technologies to develop analytic solutions and support decision making. Develops and implements the strategies for technology as related to business requirements. Acts as a subject matter expert on BMO data and data modelling for criminal risk mitigation to guide management programs and investigation activities.
Drives innovation through the development of data products, establishes best practices and influences data governance guidelines and policies.
- Develop a knowledgebase on insider threat management best practices and play an expert advisory role to other LOBs
- Stay current on emerging industry trends and assess BMO-specific implications on the insider threat domain. Provide recommendations on how to address risks and opportunities.
- Stay attuned to BMO’s insider threat experience and recommend approaches for future mitigation.
- Manage and develop work plans for small to medium sized initiatives - this includes identifying tasks that need to be completed, identifying resourcing/skill to execute and coordinating the delivery of outputs.
- Work with management on process change, issue prioritization, development of policy and consultation on other issues as requested.
- Coach and mentor I&SS; staff on areas of expertise including current business environment, the logic behind decisions, severity of identified issues etc.
- Use insights to set the tone for and influence change, and improve working relationships.
- Communicate openly and regularly about business issues and progress.
- - Facilitate and manage the agenda for an enterprise insider threat advisory group with members from all LOBs. Track and follow-up on key action items.
- Work with multiple teams to manage the development, deployment and operationalization of insider threat monitoring models
- Develop senior-level presentations and reporting on the status of insider threat management operational and development activities.
- Develop and maintain insider threat management benchmarks on BMO relative to industry and best practices.
- Identify technology enhancement needs to support efficient and effective insider threat management.
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a Masters degree in related field of study.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of fraud and security management.
- Advanced knowledge of Statistical Analyses and Human Behaviour Modeling.
- In-depth knowledge of risk and technology management as applied to fraud and/or criminal risk.
- Seasoned professional with a combination of education, experience and industry knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position Description: CGI is a global business and technology service provider with $11.5B in revenues. CGI is on a mission to help financial services organizations focus on servicing their clients. [...]
Location: Toronto, CanadaThales people architect solutions that support 85 million mainline and suburban passenger journeys, worldwide, every day. Our Rail Signalling and Communication systems are use [...]
42855 - Toronto - Temporary - 1 Year Hydro One is proud to be the largest electricity transmission and distribution provider in Ontario, serving nearly 1.4 million customers. We have a long histor [...]
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location: 243 Consumers Road, Toront [...]