BMO Financial Group
525 8th Ave SW East Tower
Job Family Group:
Wealth Sales & Service
Supports the branch and / or assigned regional team in achieving the business delivery and operational objectives through effective administrative support and assisting in the management of sales compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Manages people and leads a team capable of delivering the desired business results.
- Develops a rapport and instills confidence with the client to develop credibility as a member of the Branch / regional team.
- Performs risk assessments and monitoring to ensure there are no breaches in compliance.
- Makes recommendations to management about risk and regulatory requirements and compliance.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business and the client.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Monitors and tracks performance and addresses any issues.
- Designs and produces regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Prepares documentation of compliance monitoring and risk assessments, and findings to management as per guidelines.
- Executes administrative reviews and filings according to Bank policies and procedures.
- Ensures Branch organization and delegation templates are in place and up to date.
- Monitors daily transactions, monthly transactions, and reports in accordance with IIROC guidelines and internal policies.
- Supervises cash and securities related responsibilities (cheque and securities deposits, cheque issuance, vault, box count, etc.) and operational compliance in the branch.
- Oversees maintenance of Policies and Procedures Manual as required by internal and external changes.
- Leads the execution of operational programs; assesses and adapts as needed to ensure quality of execution.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Supports the development and promotion of a business/group program.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery of training to audiences.
- Performs various administrative activities for the branch / region and individuals to meet operational objectives, client needs, and maintain overall service levels.
- Provides administrative support to the branch and team member operations and infrastructure that includes financial and transactional processing and reporting, account processing and documentation, compliance processing, and other related activities; ensures proper documentation and administration of decisions.
- Meets high-quality service standards to maximize relationship retention and growth.
- Identifies and escalates all irregularities and discrepancies to management and compliance as per guidelines.
- Follows through on the risk and compliance processes and policies to ensure we safeguard our customers’ assets, maintain their privacy, act in their best interests, and ensures an effectively run function.
- Protects the Bank's assets and complies with all regulatory, legal and ethical requirements.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course & Conduct and Practices Handbook.
- Currently a Registered Representative (RR licensed)
- Completion of 30 day BMO NB Investment Representative Licensing Program preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of administrative process and procedures related to branch operations including, finance, human resources, compliance.
- In-depth knowledge of compliance rules (proprietary and industry).
- Assistant Branch Manager licensing preferred.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en.
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Granite Installer We are a family owned and operated Granite and Quartz Countertop company. We are based in Calgary, but we do work from BC to Alberta. We are looking for a reliable and responsible in [...]
Service Technician - Lethbridge Job Summary Give your career a lift with ARPAC, western Canada’s leading provider of material handling equipment and industrial storage solutions for over 40 years. [...]
Roles and Responsibilities: - Demonstrate to all personnel on crew the belief that all injuries are preventable. - Participate in the investigation of all near misses and incidents. - Working w [...]
- or equivalent experience Cook Categories - Cook (general) Cuisine Specialties - Thai - Cantonese cuisine Additional Skills - Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intole [...]