Requisition ID: 100955
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Senior Manager, Credit - Global Risk Management - Latin America (Bilingual English/Spanish)
As the Senior Manager, in Global Risk Management, you will oversee the credit administration of an international portfolio of commercial and corporate loans, ensuring credit adjudication, risk assessment, recovery strategies, restructures, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
You will also work with local credit adjudication teams and/or the Special Accounts Management units of the assigned countries to recommend to adjudicators strategies that maximize Bank’s recovery options and/or requirement of provisions based on expected losses.
What you’ll do in this role?
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Ensure the timely completion of annual and quarterly reviews utilizing the most effective and efficient method for completion and ensuring that assigned accounts are managed with the bank’s risk tolerance and in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- As a critical thinker, anticipate risks that could lead to deterioration of the portfolio and/or Bank’s position with customer, recommending appropriate course of action to resolve
- Collaborate with the local credit adjudication and Special Accounts management banking teams to formulate risk mitigation and recovery strategies.
- Strong ability to impact and influence others by presenting recommendations and solutions to senior executives on complex issues and active participation in discussions in credit committees as required
- As a subject matter expert, demonstrate a high degree of industry knowledge/expertise and ensure the ongoing quality of the portfolio through review of industry publications and the assessment of financial reporting packages
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of your area in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
What we’re looking for?
- Bilingual in Spanish and English is required
- Professional Designation (CPA, CFA) or MBA, with banking experience is an asset
- Credentials in one or a combination of Finance, Risk, Compliance and Economics an asset
- Experience reviewing complex financial statements
- Strong knowledge of data analytics and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills
- A client focused critical thinker with an Advisor mindset
- A constant change agent flexible in a fast changing business environment
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to join a forward-thinking company surrounded by a collaborative team of innovative thinkers
- A great opportunity to be exposed to large financial deals taking place in Latin America
- A rewarding career path with diverse opportunities for professional development
- Internal development to support your growth and enhance your skills
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities- for you and our customers
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
This position is located on King St W, downtown Toronto. There are two positions available
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank’s six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
AUTOBODY/PREP PERSON REQUIRED FOR MISSISSAUGA BODYSHOP. PLEASE TEXT 416-528-5733 [...]
Up to 90% of Gross Revenue - Company Fuel Cards - 24/7 Dispatch - Paid Parking - Paid Plates Several different lanes to choose from. Apply Now. https://freightx.ca/drivers 416-897-9332 [...]
We have been retained by a privately held, UK-based biotechnology company to recruit a Canadian based (location flexible) Technical Marketing Lead. Our client has a vision to offer their customers an [...]
Children's Ages - Infant (3 months - 11 months) Additional Skills - Perform light housekeeping and cleaning duties - Assume full responsibility for household in absence of parents Work Setti [...]