Request ID: 35697-1
Start/End Dates: 4/1/2021 - 9/30/2021
Day to Day:
This Application Software Developer is accountable for creating project solutions through the analysis, design, development, implementation and support of applications to ensure and/or maintain alignment with business strategies. The resource will be engaged, but not limited to the following:
• Responsible for writing programs to maintain and control computer systems software for operating systems, networked systems, and database systems. Writes code according to accepted standards to meet business requirements.
• Responsible for creating the software platform, and then fine-tuning the final program after it has been made.
• Modify existing software to correct errors, to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
• Design and develop software systems, using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcome and consequences of design.
• Consult with engineering staff to evaluate interface between hardware and software, develop specifications and performance requirements and resolve customer problems.
• Responsible for planning, estimating, development, testing and implementation of initiatives of any size and any level of complexity to meet the functional and non-functional requirements of the application. The resulting artifacts will be used to better understand, communicate, and provide specifications during the coding and Quality Assurance activities
• Participate in application improvement opportunities to improve the reliability and extensibility of the application and to improve the overall Service Level Agreement (SLA)
• Participates in software development Process Action Teams and contributes to the continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes for the overall effectiveness of the development
• Understanding of coding methods, Software Development Lifecycle, Secure Coding Practices, including agile & iterative
• knowledge of C#, MVC 4 and higher with knowledge of their ecosystems.
• Microsoft SQL Server
• understanding of object-oriented programming
Nice to Have:
• Capital Markets Middle office and operation practices
• MS SQL / SSIS
• Strong knowledge of Python/Oracle development
• Exposure to / or use of Agile / iterative development tools and methodologies
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
- or equivalent experience Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Internet Weight Handling - Up to 23 kg (50 lbs) Work Setting - Branch office Type of Product - Power tools - [...]
Halifax Location: Halifax Who we are We are one of the country’s leading Canadian REITs and, importantly, we’re community minded and committed to helping build the future of sustainable real es [...]
The Jewellery Technician is responsible for overseeing and coordinating operations of a limited access jewellery studio including maintenance, organization and supervision. The responsibilities includ [...]
This is a provisional classification. Formal classification procedures will be initiated by the Compensation & Job Evaluation Unit in approximately six months. About Dalhousie University Dalhousie [...]