At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Control Tower is a dynamic and rewarding environment whose mandate is to improve customer and frontline experiences via incident, risk, and program management. We are a team of high performers whose drive is personal and organizational operational excellence, continuous improvement that fosters a culture of leadership, collaboration, and critical thinking within our team; emphasis is placed on our members personal development through mentorship, coaching and real-time experiences.
As we have grown so have opportunities within our incident management team, we are actively hiring for the Manager role that will work in a matrix environment of managers and senior analysts reporting into the Senior Manager. This role will have a customer and frontline first mindset, to actively work with a myriad of partners across the organization in a 24/7, 365 days of the year environment. The individual will be able to articulate with high degree of storytelling within our incident communications and cross functional meetings; meet set timelines and with exacting standards - we communicate to the entire organization and they rely on us to illustrate the impacts, mitigations and make the right call on prioritization.
As the business demand evolves, the role requires the individual to be accountable towards:
- Operational Excellence: contribute to setting the standard on how we operate within our team and with our partner teams whilst also ensuring our performance scorecard for our internal KPI’s has best in class results.
- Detection: constant finger on pulse of key operational metrics to identify anomalies that may be driven by issues, leverage existing alerting to react and assess type and scale of impact.
- Decision Making: rapid and fact-based decision making towards identifying an incident and its subsequent prioritization; critical thinking in the remediation tactics to protect frontline and customer experiences.
- Execution: best in class playbook development, maintenance, and execution for incident management within and outside of the team. Able to deliver high performance under pressure situations and ensures consistent best in class standards applied for yourself and peers.
- Continuous Improvement: does not accept the norm as best practice, continually seeking improvement opportunities within areas of people, processes, and technology with ability to lead packages of work that build and deliver plans to improve how we operate within and outside the team.
- Post Incident Review: for each incident we manage there is always an opportunity to improve, you will have the ability to identify gaps and contribute to a continuous loop of agile improvements that ladder into the overall team quarterly deliverables.
- Playbooks: ongoing reviews to improve quality and update with any changes to processes or technologies, includes the development of net-new artifacts. In addition, play a lead role in quarterly workshops with key business partners to execute simulation exercises for high priority applications to ensure clear roles/responsibilities identified and any gaps in the execution of mitigation tactics are addressed - continuous loop of operational excellence.
- Internal Processes: ability to look within our internal processes, identify synergies that can be optimized for efficiency and improvement under people, process, and technology themes. Have mindset of we are always seeking ways to evolve and collaborate as a whole team, so we drive towards constant best in class mindset.
Along with increased expectations, comes improving individual performance with a strong focus on team productivity, and this role requires an individual who:
- Is a leader - inherently proactive in everything they do and drives the same culture within a team; the individual is skilled in adapting how they approach dynamic environments, ability to handle moments of truth and seeking to learn from them as opportunities to improve our team mandate; is an absolute professional who continually seeks new and better ways of attaining individual and team goals
- Embraces change, can pivot quickly to becoming its champion and integrate dynamic requests (that align to team and corporate objectives) seamlessly into standard team deliverables; welcomes ‘stretch’ assignments, delivers on time with quality, is confident in acting independently and decisively within their scope of authority.
- Possesses strong interpersonal and relationship management/building skills (collaboration and respect, facilitating consensus, resolving conflict, managing complex and sensitive issues, understanding team dynamics) that enables effective outcomes for the organization.
- Has highly developed critical thinking, analytical, problem solving skills and adept at decision-making that allows the absolute ability to see the problem and drive the solution, all through the eyes of the frontline and the customer.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree, and/or 3-5 years of relevant experience that includes but not limited to:
- Experience within incident, risk and change management - playbook development, etc.
- Experience in change management, IT, Network, Operations, or relevant function
- Previous experience in the Wireless/Cable/Telco industry strongly preferred
- Knowledge of call centers desktop applications and cable/wireless products
- Experience in leading deliverables, includes planning and execution capabilities:
- Planning: establish clear/organized vision that enables strong collaboration with partner teams
- Execution: excel at prioritization, driving structured processes and managing change/risk/mitigation
- Demonstrated ability to craft messaging, produce/edit business communications and presentation materials from executive to frontline audiences, that can stand on their own with minimal editing, content direction
- Established leadership presence with the ability to work effectively within team dynamic; exhibits ability to develop creative approaches to business issues, coupled with understanding of operational levers and the role Control Tower plays in enabling key performance targets
- Takes initiative, does not get stuck on the minute details, has a ‘get it done’ approach and lastly the grit factor.
Continuous Operations: Please be advised that this is a continuous operation and you may be required to work flexible hours, including evening, weekends, and statutory holidays, based on the needs of the business. The Company reserves the right to change these hours with appropriate notice.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Call Centre Operations & Operations Support
Requisition ID: 219120
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
1. Our people are at the heart of our success
2. Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
3. We do what’s right, each and every day
4. We believe in the power of new ideas
5. We work as one team, with one vision
6. We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Charger logistics Inc. is a world- class asset-based carrier with locations across North America. With over 20 years of experience providing the best logistics solutions, Charger logistics has transfo [...]
This position will handle a wide variety of functions including providing administrative support to the office manager, operations manager, and business owners. Primary Duties: - Answer the phone [...]
Specific Skills - Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites - Mix, pour and spread materials - Load, unload and transport construction materials - Erect and dismantle concrete form [...]
Area of Work Experience - Design - Business administration/management - Software development - Wireless networks Budgetary Responsibility - $100,001 - $500,000 - 0 - $100,000 Business [...]