The EY Design Studio is a specialized team that focuses on building unexpectedly clever digital experiences that fuel business transformation and next level customer experiences. We’re growing. Fast. We’re looking for leadership on our technology team to help steer the ship as we continue to design products and services across industries and sectors that have a real positive impact on people’s lives.
Your key responsibilities
What will your day-to-day look like?
You’re the person providing technical leadership and oversight for our client engagements and setting the target on what success and quality looks like from an overall engineering quality and project health perspective. You know,
from your years of experience where the pitfalls are. You see them far in advance and proactively set a course to avoid them. Above all, you’ve got your eye on client satisfaction and health of your team.
- You’re a coach, mentor, teacher, leader and doer; not afraid to get your hands dirty while providing feedback on work quality, providing coaching, and setting measurable goals that enable your team of developers to grow into technical leads.
- You’re also diving into your network to help find talented developers to join the team, actively participating in the hiring process and being the face of our technical team in the community.
- You’re not happy with set it and forget it. You find it fun to tweak the processes and evolve the way we do things. You have big initiatives and make the time to tackle them in context of all the other things on your plate.
- You find ways to skill up our team on new projects and processes that contribute to an overall higher functioning team.
Skills and attributes for success
Leadership & Team Development
- Lead the development team as a direct supervisor and mentor responsible for professional development and growth
- Establish and maintain discipline level standards and practices (tooling, frameworks, libraries, etc.)
- Recruit, hire and onboard new dev team members
- Manage resourcing and allocation of engineering team members on squads or special projects
Vision & Strategy
- Participate in quarterly leadership strategy workshops with your perspective on Development, Design, Sales and Partnerships
- Assign and review technical research and analyses on the new tooling, processes, integrations
- Develop technical KPIs for the engineering team
- Develop strategic plan for development and establishes the technical vision that guides all aspects of technology development
- Ensure continuous improvement to our architecture and technologies to meet user, market or industry needs or evolving best practices in development
- Track leading and cutting-edge technologies and industry best practices to apply relevant and suitable technology based on the projected benefits to the product(s)
Collaboration & Execution
- Partner with Design, Research, and Strategy leadership to establish and maintain standards and practices including rituals (grooming and planning, reviews/demos, retrospectives, etc.), collaborative/generative meetings and workshops.
- Work with Strategy and Markets to provide input to and review proposals and SOWs
- Collaborate with Strategy and Client/Collaborator teams to understand requirements for integrations, data ingestion, custom development and overall impact on technology roadmap and planning
- Collaborate with engineering discipline leads (platform, applications/fullstack, dev ops) to ensure application of best practices
- Ensure compliance with all required security protocols and regulations (OWASP, AODA, a11y)
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree and approximately 8+ years of related work experience;
- Previous technology consulting experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of developers through all phases of the technology life cycle, including requirements definition, architecture, design, development, implementation, conversion and testing
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, client service and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Github containing passion projects, experiments, and contributions to the open-source community
- Involvement in the technology community eg. Tech TO
- Have hobbies that bring you a tremendous amount of satisfaction
What we look for
We are looking for passionate leaders with strong vision to lend subject matter expertise to the design the strategic builds for our clients. If you have a genuine desire to help businesses achieve their full potential, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
- Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
Diversity and Inclusion at EY
Diversity and inclusiveness are at the heart of who we are and how we work. We’re committed to fostering an environment where differences are valued, policies and practices are equitable, and our people feel a sense of belonging. From our actions to combat systemic racism and our advocacy for the LGBT+ community to our innovative Neurodiversity Centre of Excellence and Accessibility initiatives, we welcome and embrace the diverse experiences, abilities, backgrounds and perspectives that make our people unique and help guide us. Because when people feel free to be their authentic selves at work, they bring their best and are empowered to build a better working world.
The EY Design Studio team is a close-knit team that believes in wide perspectives, diversity of thought, and that a good idea can come from anywhere — which is why everyone contributes to how we do things. We also have high standards for quality at each stage of research and delivery. We’re poised to grow, and we need your help.
We hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us. [Recommended for Senior Manager and above]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Position: Project Engineer Location: Toronto, ON Kinectrics Inc. is Canada’s leading provider of innovative science and engineering services to the Electricity Energy Sector. We are a company b [...]
The Director, Cloud Technology is a senior leadership role accountable for day-to-day operation of cloud infrastructure across the entire organization and for supporting design, development, and imple [...]
Company Description Hitachi Solutions is an impact-driven global leader in consulting dedicated to delivering competitive, end-to-end solutions based on the Microsoft Cloud. Our deeply connected te [...]
Mejuri is a direct-to-consumer approach to buying jewellery for the modern woman. We are about making luxury a habit – disrupting the traditional jewellery industry to make fine jewellery affordable [...]