Goodwill Industries of Alberta.
Application Deadline: May 13, 2021
Job Type: Part-time
Great Work. Great People. Great Place. GREAT Purpose.
Are you looking for a career that makes a real difference in the lives of Albertans? Do you want to be part of a growing organization with opportunities for development? Do you want to look forward to coming to work every day? Do you want to work with others to make a difference with dignity and joy? Then Goodwill Industries of Alberta is the place for you!
Goodwill is dedicated to providing people with disabilities the opportunity to find meaningful employment. This is made possible as a direct result of the generosity of Albertans in our community who choose to donate to Goodwill,
where these items are resold through our successful retail stores. Our dedicated, ambitious and hard-working team members are the key to our success. By showing that we care, working as a team, continuously improving, and being accountable, our organization is driven towards GREATness, all the while, inspiring Albertans to make a difference.
Are you our next Processing Team Member? Reporting to the Retail and Processing Manager, we are looking for an energetic, highly organized, quick-thinking team member to work on preparing donated goods for sale.
What you’ll be doing:
- Inspecting, sorting, grading and/or assigning prices to donated clothing and other items.
- Preparing items for sale by hanging clothing, cleaning items as needed, and /or bagging items that need to be kept together.
- Transporting items to and from the sales floor.
- Providing world class customer service to all Goodwill customers.
What you bring to the table:
- A High School Diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum age of 16 or older.
- The ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- The ability to work a flexible work schedule, including evenings and weekends.
- The ability to perform physical work on a continual basis.
- Knowledge of designer labels, collectibles and antiques. (A strong asset but not a deal-breaker)
- You deliver amazing customer service by going above and beyond for all Goodwill customers.
- You demonstrate teamwork and engage fellow Team Members in contributing to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You have an open and honest attitude while making moral decisions.
- You recognize the great efforts of fellow Team Members through genuine recognition activities.
- You contribute to a welcoming & accepting work environment by showing respect at all times.
- You hold yourself and fellow Team Members accountable in their roles and for their contributions to Goodwill’s mission & core purpose.
- You continuously look to improve yourself and the organization in any aspect including but not limited to processes, communications, tasks and customer experience.
- You prioritize safety in all tasks, ensuring safety of self as well as fellow Team Members.
The Application Process:
For more information on Goodwill Industries of Alberta and what we offer, please visit our website at www.goodwill.ab.ca.
Candidates interested in this opportunity should forward their Resume and Cover letter outlining how they are a GREAT fit with Goodwill by May 13, 2021. We thank all applicants for their interest in being a part of our GREAT purpose. Only applicants who submit a full application will be considered.
Please note the selected candidate will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check
Goodwill Industries of Alberta is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind.
Part-time hours: 15-24.5 per week
Application Deadline: 2021-05-13
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 per hour
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
I’m available for any kind of work in cash I’m very reliable for work and honest [...]
We are looking for experienced drivers for the busy up coming season. Above industry average pay. If you don't have experience, apply as I would train proper individuals. This position is not just dri [...]
Administrative Assistant Role and Responsibilities: Children's Autism Services of Edmonton is seeking a Mat Leave (13 Months) full-time Administrative Assistant for our dynamic and growing organiza [...]
Listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution and processing companies in North America servicing customers primarily in Canada and the United States. T [...]