Suncor Energy Services.
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 48902
Why you should join us:
As we’ve recently announced, we are moving our Toronto-area Downstream offices (which are focused primarily on refining and marketing) to Calgary, to ensure we remain competitive for the long-term and to better integrate our Downstream business with the rest of Suncor. This is an exciting opportunity for new team members to fill roles made available during this process and be part of our success in the future.
Are you passionate about building positive relationships, a self-starter who enjoys hunting for sales opportunities and possess strong customer service skills? If this describes you, then we have the role for you! In this role,
you will be responsible for developing outbound lead generation sources, identifying new business opportunities, activating inbound leads, uncovering incremental sales growth opportunities, and assisting with activities related to customer retention and growth within the existing SuperPass commercial Fleet portfolio of accounts for our Petro-Canada cardlock and retail network.
You will use your expertise to:
- Develop process and methodology for generating outbound leads through various techniques, including LinkedIn Navigator, telephone cold calling, email, and social media to support our Wholesale Sales Team and fill their sales funnel
- Initiate outbound prospect calls, uncover and qualify their needs, and set appointments for the Regional Sales Executives of the Inside Sales Team and Direct Sales Team
- Meet and exceed monthly activity targets including lead generation quotas, appointment bookings, and account activations
- Process and activate some inbound SuperPass Lead applications
- Build and maintain a knowledge base on SuperPass benefits and services
- Utilize CRM to track all pertinent information related to an opportunity and effectively manage lead generation through the sales funnel
- Develop account mining processes and analytical portfolio reviews that will uncover incremental sales growth opportunities from the existing base of SuperPass customers
- Develop positive internal and external relationships by sharing ideas, fostering team building with diverse groups, and participating in the sales development process
- Work collaboratively with the outside sales team and Marketer network to drive sales growth
- Provide best in-class service and customer relationship management for existing and new wholesale customers
- Provide backup support for Inside Sales Account Executives and Sales Executives
We’d like to review your application if you have…
Must-haves (minimum requirements):
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills
- Strong sales capabilities with the ability to build rapport, establish trust and credibility
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, with proven analytical skills and ability to work with large datasets
- Effective organization and time management skills, ability to plan your day to achieve performance activity expectations
- High-energy, are well organized, and a self-motivated individual who is results-oriented and works well within a strong team culture
- Alignment with our values: safety above all else, stronger together, operational discipline, curiosity and lifelong learning, and act with integrity
- Bilingual (English and French) – please submit your resume in English
- One to two years’ experience in a sales role that requires meeting targets and fostering relationships
- Proficiency in customer relationship management (CRM) and SAP
Where you’ll be working, your work schedule, and other important information:
- You will work out of our Calgary head office, located in the Suncor Energy Centre at 150 – 6th Ave S.W.
- Hours of work are a regular 40-hour work week, Monday to Friday
- You thrive in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities, challenging demands, and targets
- We require qualified and safety-focused employees for business-critical roles that maintain our commitment to operational excellence and reliable operations. We are using technology to conduct virtual interviews to adhere to physical distancing recommendations and we are well set up for remote onboarding and orientation
- Suncor encourages everyone to do their part and support global efforts to limit the impact of COVID-19 with good hygiene practices, physical distancing, and with care and consideration for the people around you. For more information on how we’re responding to COVID-19, click here. #StrongerTogether
We are Canada's leading integrated energy company with a business portfolio that includes oil sands development and upgrading, offshore oil and gas production, petroleum refining, and product marketing under the Petro-Canada brand. Our global presence offers rewarding opportunities for you to learn, contribute, and grow in a variety of career-building positions. We live by the value of safety above all else – if it isn't safe, we don't do it. Our strong track record of growth and a focus on sustainability mean tremendous potential for the future. Learn about our purpose and values.
In addition to rewarding job opportunities, we offer an attractive employee package, including:
- Competitive base salary, compensation programs, and an annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Stay connected to us:
- Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job postings and news
- Visit our Report on Sustainability to see our progress on a number of environmental, social and economic topics and what we’re doing to position our company for the future
- Join our Talent Community and sign up to receive customized job alerts
- Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see what we’re doing in the communities we live and work in
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to providing a diverse and inclusive work environment where every employee feels valued and respected. We will consider accessibility accommodations to applicants upon request. Check out our social goal to learn how we are working to build greater mutual trust and respect with the Indigenous Peoples in Canada.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so don't delay, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Business Professionals
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Our Calgary office currently has flexible part-time and full-time work positions available. This is ideal work for high school and College / University students. Gain valuable office/work experience a [...]
As a provider of essential everyday necessities, our Dollarama stores remain open and continue to recruit new members for our teams to provide a continued service to millions of Canadians during this [...]
Position Summary We are looking for a dynamic and inspirational Key Holder to support the Store Manager and Assistant Manager to ensure the smooth efficient running of the Store. You will use [...]
Your Opportunity: Description: As an Administrative Support IV, you will require advanced administrative or specialized skills and knowledge to support complex procedures, practices and initiative [...]