At Aecon, we’re building the future and our people are at the heart of everything we do. We're always looking for exceptional talent to work on our exciting and ever-expanding project portfolios. We are focused on being the #1 Canadian Infrastructure Company and the first choice employer in our industry.
Reporting into the Senior Vice President, Urban Trasnportation Systems, the Continuous Improvement Manager is responsible for evolving and enhancing operational excellence, business processes, and overall productivity within the Urban Transportation Systems operating sector. The Continuous Improvement Manager will proactivekly train, support, and sustain Lean thinking processes and culture to benefit our projects,
employees and customers.
- Drive the Continuous Improvement (CI) culture within the UTS sector, and implement the strategic plan while working closely with with the Corporate CI lead to align and ensure overall success and development of Continuous Improvement across Aecon.
- Coach, mentor, and support lean thinking and behaviors to promote a continuous improvement culture.
- Accountable for leading lean initiatives with project teams and Aecon employees.
- Employs lean tools and methodologies to resolve problems and improve existing operations and processes.
- Drives productivity improvement on major projects within the sector by identifying, coordinating, and leading efforts.
- Drives strong collaboration and communication between the projects, sharing/leveraging best practices
- Work with project teams to improve operations and troubleshoot issues. Inject lean methods as required.
- Analyze existing work practices, identify waste, and establish productivity measures: clear, published, and tracked.
- Perform workplace assessments and time studies to streamline processes and improve productivity within sector.
- Meet with superintendents and field staff to review Labor and Cost Reports & production techniques.
- Support implementation of Last Planner System across the organization.
- Coach and train colleagues on continuous improvement knowledge, in collaboration with Aecon University.
- Coordinate and align with sector Quality and HSE groups.
- Support sharing key project elements around innovation and CI through Aecon
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related field required.
- Industrial construction or automotive industry experience required.
- Demonstrated, proven track record of deploying lean construction principles on projects.
- Experience with large, complex projects with multiple interfaces required
- Experience working in unionized environments and influencing labour management for productivity required
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – desired.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Description: The City of Guelph is a vibrant and diverse community with a unique sense of place located in southern Ontario along the Innovation Corridor that runs between Toronto and Kitchener- [...]
HSBC is following Canadian government guidelines to stop the spread of COVID-19. We are keeping our customers, employees and job applicants safe through enhanced safety protocols undertaken at our bra [...]
Company Appletree Shared Services Corporation Location Toronto Who We Are Appletree Shared Services Corporation is the most progressive multi-disciplinary medical group in Canada. We assist and [...]
Sr BSA to support the overall design and implementation of an enhanced global enterprise Records and Information Management Program within the banking industry - 20217 Location: WFH (Downtown Toron [...]