Simon Fraser University.
C.U.P.E. Local 3338
$2035.78 To $2307.17 Bi-Weekly
SFU Department Descr:
Advancement & Alumni Engagement
Provides the VP, Advancement and Alumni Engagement (AAE), the University President, Directors of Advancement and the Director of Alumni Relations with researched information from online and print sources and identifies potential prospects, volunteers and existing major donors to provide recommendations in support of SFU's strategic fundraising priorities. Prepares detailed research profiles with citations, identifies, analyzes and qualifies prospects (individuals, corporations, foundations, politicians, and community and business leaders)
with major gift capacity, assesses linkages to the university, analyzes detailed financial capacity and researches philanthropic history to support the planning and decision-making on fundraising strategies and prepare the VP, AAE, President and Directors for meetings with donors and prospective donors. Monitors progression of fundraiser activity in the Blackbaud eCRM database.
- High school graduation and two years of post-secondary education or formal certificate/diploma program equivalent with courses or formal training in research techniques and use of databases.
- 3 years minimum experience.
- An equivalent combination of formal education, certificate/program of study and experience is acceptable.
- Excellent research, report writing skills, and presentation skills, including the ability to produce concise reports and briefs in a timely manner with attention to detail and data accuracy.
- 55wpm keyboarding skills with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to use word processing, database, spreadsheet, and media applications (i.e., MSWord, FileMaker Pro, Excel, PowerPoint) in a Windows environment at an intermediate level.
- Ability to conduct research using the internet to access on-line news databases.
- Ability to collect financial information from public sources on organizations and individuals.
- Ability to produce clear and coherent briefing notes and summaries by compiling, analyzing, and synthesizing information from print, file, and on-line sources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team skills, and ability to develop and maintain collaborative, productive working relationships.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and initiative.
- Ability to handle confidential material with discretion and diplomacy, and familiar with FOIPPA laws.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines under pressure.
This position is currently remote/work from home but we anticipate a return to working on campus in the fall.
For external candidates, the starting salary is the first step of the salary range.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Work Setting - Nursing home/home for the aged Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities - Repetitive tasks - Handling heavy loads - Physically demanding - Combination of sitting, standing [...]
This person is responsible for accurately performing assigned warehouse tasks including receiving, picking, packing, shipping, wire cutting, light assembly, as well as housekeeping of assigned areas. [...]
Full time Warehouse shipper/receiver who can excel in a fast paced, continually changing environment. Work inside our warehouse preparing orders, shipping and receiving stock, assist with renting and [...]
Replacing greenhouses shading system material and support wires. Applicants must be comfortable working from ladders and working in a warm environment. No experience is required, will be trained onsit [...]