Posting 21-11 (Regular full time position)
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed. They are not representing an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Bishop’s University is seeking a Coordinator Student Support Services – SAAS for a regular full-time position in the Counselling, Career & Accommodation Services Department. Reporting to the Manager of Counselling, Career & Student Accessibility Services , the incumbent will be responsible to coordinate and support the daily operations of Counselling, Career & Accommodation Services Department providing administrative, financial, crisis intervention and risk assessment to the department.
With oversite from the Manager, the Coordinator will take the lead in maintaining policies and procedures that support effective clinical, training, and outreach functions of the unit. The coordinator also offers front line support to students, staff and faculty . This position has a work week of 37.5 hours from Monday to Friday with occasional evenings and weekends required.
Nature of Duties & Responsibilities
- Works collaboratively within a service team context to ensure high standards of service provision.
- Screens and responds accurately to complex customer service complaints or inquiries, and implements corrective actions or identifies processes and systems that require improvement. Makes recommendations for changes.
- Responds consistently in a calm, caring and respectful manner to students presenting with a wide range of levels of distress and complexity of concern.
- Multitasks effectively in a very high paces work environment.
- Determines the urgency of requests for services and works closely with the Manager of Counselling, Career and Accessibility Services to manage smooth flow of clients in drop in periods in order to maximize student’s access to resources.
- Schedules appointments and maintains an integrated scheduler/data base and file management system for all client contacts.
- Prepare and track financial and facility resources for the department. Analyze financial information, prepare financial forecasts.
- Maintains ongoing awareness of University & professional policies and practices; interprets policies and procedures related to the responsibilities of the position – including FOIPOP, harassment and discrimination use of university systems and technology and relevant professional practice guidelines.
- Registers students for group and psychoeducational programs.
- Coordinate the Bishop’s University Peer Tutoring Program & Job Search Website
- Assist in coordinating registration of students requiring accommodations.
- Ensures that reception and waiting room space are well maintained ensuring that office supplies and information materials in pamphlet displays are stocked.
- Maintains the schedules of counsellors, coordinators and trainees
- Organizes and arranges meetings, facilities, workshops and other functions (i.e preparing and organizing information packages for meetings, workshops, and special events, recording and preparing meeting minutes).
- Develops and maintains the community referral database
- Responds to urgent and immediate requests calmly and effectively.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- College Diploma (Technical D.E.C./ 3year program);
- Minimum three years of experience in a front-line position;
- Experience with basic accounting;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work collaboratively and independently;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook);
- Previous counselling experience considered an asset.
- Non-violent Crisis Intervention Training considered an asset;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Current Mental Health First Aid Training;
- Current St. John Ambulance First Aid Training;
Classification: Class 10 $23.10 to $30.15 per hour (APBU – unionized position)
Bishop’s University implements an equal access employment / program under the Act respecting equal access to employment in public bodies and welcomes applicants who are committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, and inclusion and who will assist us expand our capacity for diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including Indigenous peoples, visible and ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women and LGBTQ2+.
If interested, please submit your curriculum vitae and cover letter, including what position you are applying for by May 30, 2021 before 4:00 pm to [email protected]
Per the Collective Agreement, priority will be given to qualified internal applicants. Please note that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted and testing may be required; thank you for your interest. We provide support in the recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you require accommodation in order to participate as a candidate in the recruitment process, please contact [email protected]
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Afin de compléter notre équipe de développement, nous sommes à la recherche d’un Product Owner. Sous la supervision de la direction du développement, vous jouerez un rôle central dans la défi [...]
Additional Skills - Housekeeping activities Area of Specialization - Mechanical Weight Handling - Up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs) Work Setting - Waste recycling Specific Skills - Clean machi [...]
Rejoindre RCGT, c’est travailler au sein d’un grand cabinet et d’une firme à taille humaine : vous bénéficiez de son réseau international, de sa position de leader au Québec, d’outils de [...]
Le Cégep de Sherbrooke est à la recherche de candidates ou candidats pour sa banque de candidatures personnes salariées occasionnelles, à temps complet et à temps partiel, dans la classe d’empl [...]