Conference Services Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Conference Services Manager, where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs and exceed the expectations– of your clients.
What’s in it for you:
- Full time employees will be eligible to join the benefit plan which includes extended medical through Canada Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability)
- Full time employees will also be eligible to participate in Fairmont Pension Plan, which includes matched employee contributions
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Establish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, encouraging repeat business
- Confirm all event related information with clients
- Organize convention bookings from date of booking to departure, including meeting requirements, guest room requirements, food and beverage, and audio visual
- Initiate all billing procedures, ensuring any deposits and/or credit applications are received with adequate information and within an acceptable time frame
- Conduct pre-conference meetings with clients and pertinent departments
- Conduct and/or attend daily meetings to review event contracts
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous management experience, a minimum of five years, in a similar role required
- Ability to focus attention on guests needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Computer literate with Opera, Microsoft Office, and Property Manager
- Knowledge of hotel banquet operations is an asset
- CMP Certification is an asset
Your team and working environment:
Nestled at the base of Blackcomb Mountain, Fairmont Chateau Whistler resort defines mountain luxury in the heart of Whistler, British Columbia - Host Mountain Resort of the 2010 Winter Olympics. Located in the spectacular coastal mountain range, Whistler is Canada’s premier, year-round outdoor adventure destination - just two hours north of downtown Vancouver. Offering ski-in, ski-out convenience and on-site championship golf course, Fairmont Chateau Whistler is Whistler’s largest conference resort hotel with 526 guestrooms and suites, exceptional dining in five unique outlets and full resort amenities including a slopeside Health Club. Since opening its doors in 1989, this landmark destination has welcomed guests and colleagues to an unforgettable mountain adventure- start yours today!
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
The Myrtle Philip Community Centre is a licensed child care facility and has an opportunity for qualified individuals to apply for the position of Program Leader. Reporting to the Recreation Programme [...]
Whistler Blackcomb’s Mission Statement is “Experience of a Lifetime” Love what you do! Because that’s what we’re all about. The Whistler Blackcomb staff is comprised of individuals who thriv [...]
Job Description Job Title: Case Manager (RN) - Chronic Supportive TeamWork Site: Squamish Health Unit - Squamish, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $35.53 - $46.65 per hourHours [...]
Job Description Job Title: Nursing Support WorkerWork Site: Emergency, Whistler Health Centre - Whistler, BCStatus: CasualStart Date: As soon as possibleSalary: $22.94 per hourHours: VariousReferenc [...]