2863 Ellesmere Rd, Suite 201, Scarborough, Ontario, M1E 5E9
Joignez-vous à un magasin qui appartient à des intérêts locaux et est exploité par eux afin d’aider à fournir des services dans le domaine de la santé, de la beauté et de la commodité dans votre collectivité et à placer le client au centre de tout ce que vous faites.
Pourquoi ce role est-il important?
The Cash Manager manages the resources (human, physical, financial) of the Cash Department. The Cash Manager interfaces with other store departments to ensure achievement of store objectives and excels in customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads by example and ensures that cashier staff demonstrates behaviour which is consistent with CORE Values
- Interviews and recommends final candidates for hiring cashiers
- Ensures cashiers complies with all Store Standards
- Schedules cashier staff hours, days off and vacations within established guidelines if required
- Trains employees in job functions and provides on-going coaching and instructions
- Assists with completing performance reviews of cashier staff in conjunction with the FSM
- Ensures exceptional customer service is provided beyond expectation
- Ensures employees present proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code • Guidelines (i.e. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Answers inquiries (i.e. location of product, rain-checks) and resolves customer complaints according to guidelines
- Ensures telephone etiquette observed at all times
- Ensures applicable marketing programs are implemented
- Ensures cashiers ask for PC Optimum Card during each transaction. Uses the PC Optimum Tracking • Dashboard for store specific targets. Tracks Cashiers performance using the PC Optimum and email capture by cashier ID report available on the In Store Web.
- Ensures adherence to regulations on sale of tobacco (where applicable), lottery, bus tickets, etc.
- Promotes all company initiatives of PC Optimum, fundraising with customers and employees
- Is responsible for cash focused promotions/offers, reconciles and returns bonus cards, ensures the cashiers are scanning the cards
- Ensures all cashiers are aware of weekly promotions and scanning code of practice
- Purchases stamps from post office stores (Stores without a PO)
- Ensures lottery trays are to standard, locked, follow legislative lottery policy
- Maintains and controls the cash registers in the store in accordance with policies and procedures
- Works with FSM to ensure pricing and ticketing of all merchandise is correct
- Ensures photofinishing programs, policies, and procedures are implemented and followed
- • Performs clerical/banking duties under the direction of the Store Administrator
- • Assists with all coin orders, resolves all discrepancies with cash and coin orders
- • Maintains cash office / safe following Store Standards
- • Prints transaction exception report weekly identifying variances
- • Prints cash over/ short weekly; identifies and investigates variances
- • Knowledge of charge accounts as applicable
- Ensures all loss prevention systems and procedures are performed according to Standards (eg maintenance and monitoring of tracking sheets)
- Ensures procedures regarding parcel checks are adhered to
MARKETING AND MERCHANDISING
- Creates and maintains proper displays to reflect seasonal, promotional programs, items of the week, bar of the month, IMU, front cash, drink cooler (if applicable)
- Works with Front Store Manager to ensure signing in the Store reflects current programs, policies and procedures
- Plans, organizes and supports all promotions in co-operation with other members of the Management Team
- Assumes any other responsibilities assigned by the Associate-Owner or FSM
- Responsible for overall image for area behind the cash and cash office
- Coaches and motivates employees
- Maintains confidentiality in all matters pertaining to Shoppers Drug Mart and its operation
- Ensures that standards of housekeeping and image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements as follows:
- Provides H&S; policy direction and planning
- Reviews information and delegates responsibility/authority
- Ensures staff practicing safe procedures
- Ensures staff have adequate resources and support
- Assists the Health and Safety Committee or Representative
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Independent thinking and decision making when dealing with issues related to customer’s requests
- Judgment & decisions would be made based on ability to ask the right questions leading to the appropriate solutions
- This position requires the ability to act upon tasks and goals outlined by management
- Supervisory and labour management experience
- Experience with retail/grocery and cash handling
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Efficient time management ability
- Financial analysis ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective organization and planning skills
- Computer literacy
- Commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Pourquoi travailler dans une pharmacie Shoppers Drug Mart?
Il y a un pharmacien-propriétaire affilié dans chaque pharmacie. Vous travaillerez donc avec un propriétaire d’entreprise locale tout en bénéficiant du soutien d’une marque nationale. Vous bénéficierez du Programme d’achat des employés, d’horaires souples et variés, d’une rémunération concurrentielle et de possibilités d’apprentissage en ligne par l’intermédiaire de SDMU.
Prenez en main votre travail et trouvez d’autres façons de vous occuper de vos patients, de vos collègues, des clients et des membres de la collectivité.
Les pharmaciens-propriétaires du réseau Shoppers Drug Mart considèrent la diversité canadienne comme une occasion de mieux servir leur communauté, et s’efforcent de refléter cette diversité culturelle dans les produits qu’ils vendent, les gens qu’ils embauchent et la culture de leur entreprise. Des accommodements sont possibles à la demande des candidats et des employés handicapés au besoin.
En outre, nous croyons que la conformité aux lois consiste à faire ce qu'il faut. Le respect de la loi fait partie de notre Code de conduite; il renforce ce que nos clients et nos parties prenantes attendent de nous.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Join the Kaboom Team! Kaboom is actively looking for motivated entrepreneurial individuals to fill our Store Manager positions. If you are seeking an opportunity that is exciting, allows you to be in [...]
A service-driven paper and packaging products company, Atlantic Packaging has grown to become one of Canada’s largest paper manufacturers and a leading producer of packaging products. Our organizati [...]
Position Summary...To support the Store Manager and manage store operations according to Company guidelines and lead Associates to ensure friendly, helpful service and drive profitable store sales.Wha [...]
At Lowe’s Canada, over 26,000 employees let their passion blossom every day. Our teams are driven by the desire to help people bring their projects to life and are committed to making a difference i [...]