WildBrain Studios is looking for an experienced Rigger to join our exciting new animated Sonic the Hedgehog series, Sonic Prime, set to premiere worldwide in 2022.
This 24-episode animated adventure for kids, families, and long-time fans draws upon the keystones of the brand and features the “Blue Blur” of video game fame in a high-octane adventure where the fate of a strange new multiverse rests in his gloved hands. Sonic’s adventure is about more than a race to save the universe, it’s a journey of self-discovery and redemption.
This feature quality episodic series will deliver the visually captivating, binge-worthy story that Sonic fans new and old are sure to love.
We are on the hunt to find passionate and talented folks to join this team and help us really bring the blue blur to life!
As a Rigger, you will work closely with the Rigging Supervisor & Lead Rigger to create versatile character rigging systems and animation interfaces to be used for animation of 3D characters and props.
We are currently working virtually because of the Covid-19 pandemic. During this time our hiring teams are ready to support interviews via video conferencing, and we are enabling artists to work from home until the studio can reopen. We’d love to hear from you! #stayhomestaysafe!
- Rig 3D assets (characters, props, sets, etc.) to achieve the intended animation performance
- Use skinning and other deformers to achieve the intended performance in an efficient manner
- Troubleshoot, maintain and improve rigs in production, while ensuring their stability for the animation team
- Collaborate closely with design, modelling and shading to best achieve the intended animation performance requirements
- Communicate with the studios rigging supervisor on concerns and production issues ahead of time
- Meet the rigging production deadline by communicating with production and support rigging TDs
- Carry out duties in a professional and positive manner
- 3+ years of experience in television or relevant industry experience
- Proficiency in Maya
- Knowledge in Python
- Good understanding of rigging and deformation techniques
- Good understanding of animation process and needs
- Demonstrated knowledge and technical skills relating to character rigging and animation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time efficiently
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, often with multiple tasks and under deadline pressure
- Knowledge in nCloth, nHair, xGen or other simulation systems is a benefit
- Experience building rigs in Unreal Engine 4
At WildBrain Studios our teams dig into a diverse range of projects – from preschool and comedy to action-adventure, and work with international partners such as Apple, Netflix, LEGO, DreamWorks, BBC, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and more. We produce high quality Flash, Harmony, and Maya animated series. Aside from awesome projects and partners, WildBrain puts our people first, here are just a few of the ways:
- Great benefits that make employees feel truly valued including a customizable extended health and dental plan
- Generous RRSP matching
- Bonus time off
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: Diploma Positions Available: 1 NOC Group: Inspectors and Testers, Mineral and Metal Pr [...]
- or equivalent experience Business Equipment and Computer Applications - Adobe Photoshop - Adobe After Effects - NUKE Additional Skills - Supervise staff or team - Supervisory Experienc [...]
Salary: $17.00/Hourly Job Type: Full Time, Student Start Date: As soon as possible Language: English Minimum Education: Diploma Positions Available: 1 NOC Group: Secretaries (Except Le [...]
TELUS favorise votre cheminement de carrière! Notre programme coopératif contribuera à votre apprentissage, à votre perfectionnement et, ultimement, à votre carrière. Nos programmes de travail [...]