Village Vancouver Transition Society.
Village Vancouver is seeking an energetic and organized individual with a passion for community development to assist with administrative tasks, programming and longer-term community and environmental goals of this dynamic non-profit society. Please visit our website at www.villagevancouver.ca to learn more about us.
In compliance with Canada Summer Jobs guidelines, applicants must:
- be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident, or have official refugee protection status, and be legally entitled to work in Canada
- be between the ages of 15 and 30
- Interest in community development
- Knowledge of office procedures
- General computer skills
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to work well with management, board, staff, volunteers and others
- Ability to take direction well and to show initiative
- Experience working, studying, or collaborating with people from diverse cultures and economic backgrounds
- Familiarity with the Kitsilano neighbourhood and the Westside an asset
Projects and tasks may include:
- General administrative tasks
- Helping organize and promote Village Vancouver programs and projects
- Assisting in preparing the annual report
- Participating in grant writing
- Website maintenance and upgrades - technical experience a plus
- Helping with virtual / socially-distant activities, workshops, and events (such as the Westside Food Festival)
- Helping produce the newsletter
- Maintain mailing lists
- Working on membership drives
- Other tasks as needed
Rate of pay: $17.25 per hour + 4% in lieu of vacation
Job duration and hours: First week of May 2021 until October 9th 2021 (23 weeks) 17.5 hours/week. Job duration, start dates, and number of hours per week to be confirmed. Mutually agreeable schedule to be determined.
Location: Field House McBride Park (Kitsilano, Vancouver), and remotely
Deadline for Applications: Please submit a cover letter indicating your interest in this position and your eligibility for employment, and a resume including three references, as soon as possible to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Village Vancouver Transition Society is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and social justice. We specifically encourage newcomers to Canada (arrived in Canada 5 years ago or less), Indigenous youth, racialized youth, LGBTQ2S+ youth, and women to apply.
Contract length: 23 weeks
Application deadline: 2021-05-01
Expected start date: 2021-05-03
Job Types: Part-time, Temporary
Pay: $17.25 per hour
- Casual dress
- Flexible schedule
To keep our workers safe, we offer flexible scheduling. Work that can be done virtually can be done remotely. In cases where work needs to take place on-site, physical distancing and mandatory mask-wearing measures will be in place for safety.
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who We Are: Based in Tecumseh, Ontario, HALIGHT Inc. is an eLearning industry leader that builds custom Learning Management System (LMS) platforms for global clientele. Our mission? Connecting pe [...]
We’re Ludare Games Group, a game studio, and publisher located in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, Canada. We’re forming a team to create new indie games for PCs and consoles. * We’re looking [...]
Work Setting Residential Institutional Commercial Specific Skills Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles Prepare, [...]
ELCO Systems (Vancouver) is an IT Distributor of computer and consumer electronics products, with a focus on providing premium quality products in conjunction with superior service for our customers. [...]