Since 1878, Western University has been committed to serving our communities through the pursuit of academic excellence and by providing students, faculty, and community members with life-long opportunities for intellectual, social, and cultural growth. We seek excellent students, faculty, and staff to join us in what has become known as the "Western Experience" - an opportunity to contribute to a better world through the development of new knowledge, new abilities, new connections, and new ways to make a difference.
The Department of Western Technology Services (WTS) is a central source committed to providing high-quality,
cost-effective technology solutions and services to the campus community in support of the teaching and research missions of the University. WTS works collaboratively with other IT groups within Western’s faculties and support units to leverage central supported technology solutions and services where appropriate.
The Infrastructure Services division of WTS is responsible for providing Western faculty, staff, and students with the best possible hardware and software support infrastructure to enable the use of technology in teaching, learning and administration.
This position is part of a team responsible for assisting with the day-to-day operation of WTS Operations Console. The incumbent will be responsible for executing, monitoring and troubleshooting daily production batch requirements. The incumbent will also be responsible for monitoring the hardware, network and environmental components of the WTS data centers. Role requires evening availability for this position, specifically Wednesday evenings..
- Full time Western student (minimum 3.5 courses) and expect to retain full-time status for the duration of the appointment. Coursework in IT related programs of study.
- Previous work experience in similar role or within the department
Skills, Abilities and Expertise:
- Written and verbal communication skills to express ideas clearly and adapt communication style to suit the audience and situation
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Reliable and dependable with the ability to consistently work assigned schedule
- Ability to follow processes and practices with high attention to detail
- Demonstrates integrity and works in accordance with Western's policies and procedures
- Ability to multi-task and maintain an organized work environment
- Computer skills with Microsoft Office, with the ability to learn and use new software programs as required
- Personable and courteous in working relationships with colleagues, students and the public
- Ability to prioritize and organize a fluctuating work load
- Ability to work independently and effectively as a member of the team to achieve department
Western offers a broad and exciting variety of part-time and temporary employment opportunities with ample room for job exploration and growth. Within our beautiful campus, you are part of a progressive work environment that promotes work/life balance including access to our state-of-the-art recreation centre. Apply for an opportunity to be part of the Western community and contribute to its success!
Applying at Western
To ensure that your application is given full consideration, please complete all relevant sections of the application. In addition, you can choose to supplement your application with a cover letter and current resume.
Consideration of applicants will include an assessment of previous performance, experience, and qualifications. Applicants should have oral communication skills in English.
Western Values Diversity
The University invites applications from all qualified individuals. Western is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please contact Human Resources at [email protected] or phone (phone hidden).
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged
- Please note this position is expected to be filled by reappointment
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Specific Skills - Oversee the preparation of reports - Oversee the collection and analysis of financial data - Monitor financial control systems - Establish and implement policies and procedu [...]
Job Description: We are Canada Life Being a part of Canada Life means you have a voice. This is a place where your unique background, perspectives and talents are valued, and shape our future succ [...]
This position will offer the opportunity to work at the Rowntree Park London Bridge location. We are looking for educators who are passionate, creative, and intentional in their work with children, [...]
Overview: LONDON Is Now Hiring Servers Welcome to the Roadhouse, re-invented. We’re about fresh ingredients prepared in-house, always indulging outrageously, and never letting a road trip become [...]