Mérieux NutriSciences is a solution provider dedicated to preventing health risks related to food and to the use of everyday products. Offering a wide range of testing and consulting services, our teams are committed to providing our clients with accurate results, delivered on time, with uncompromising ethics, honesty and personal integrity.
Our motto: "More than a successful business, we are building a healthier world".
Do you want to be a part of it?
YOUR DAY TO DAY LIFE
We are looking for a Chemistry technician in 90 Gough Rd, Markham, ON L3R 5V5 CAN. Your mission will be to:
The incumbent is responsible for performing chemical analysis on food, pharmaceutical or other samples.
- Composting and grinding of samples for analysis as required.
- Perform chemical analyses such as protein, moisture, fat, ash, and other components.
- Prepare sample for analysis according to procedure. Retrieve samples from designated areas (e.g. log-in, sample storage).
- Perform chemical analyses of macronutrients, micronutrients or other parameters as designated.
- Extract desired component from sample with appropriate processes so that concentration can be determined.
- Prepare standards and reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Write/label all samples throughout the process so that Client and sample numbers can be tracked.
- Perform calculations, checking and interpretation of results where applicable.
- Track status of designated tests as assigned to ensure Client turn around time commitments are met and inform supervisor of non compliance.
- Assist other departmental personnel with analysis tasks so that testing can proceed according to specified time limits.
- Update logbooks, transfer data and maintain records, including quality records for the specified tests, notify supervisor of any non compliant results.
- Perform necessary housekeeping duties in a timely manner, keeping the work areas and equipment clean and sanitized.
- Must participate in cleaning schedule and maintain retain samples as required.
- Train analysts where required and participate in the training programs.
- Perform necessary preventative maintenance on instrumentation according to identified schedules.
- Clean and prepare glassware for future analysis use.
- Ensure material/supplies are maintained and available for the next analysis including preparation of reagents where applicable.
- Coordinate with other department personnel with analysis tasks to maintain smooth flow of work
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Support corporate quality and continuous improvement process,including participation in monitoring of quality parameters as assigned, and performance of necessary tasks related to quality control parameters for the test being performed.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observations in accordance with the prescribed complaint system and supervisor is notified.
- Responsibility to support laboratory management in the implementation, maintenance, and improvement of the quality management system.
- Adhere to all safety policies.
- Perform other related tasks as needed
Communication: The main contacts with whom the position holder is repeatedly in contact with
Internal Interlocutors: The incumbent has occasional contact with the personnel outside the immediate working unit.
External Interlocutors: N/A
Knowledge: The incumbent must have a basic knowledge of microbiology to accurately perform testing procedures
and obtain accurate results.
- Associates degree and one or more years of experience, or Bachelors degree.
- This position requires a basic level of knowledge in both wet and instrumental chemistry procedures to perform analysis on samples.
- Analytical skills are essential to complete analysis procedures and determine the concentration of the microorganism.
- A general knowledge of the Laboratory Information Management System is required to process client data.
- Physical dexterity is required for manipulating samples.
Work Environment: The incumbent works in a laboratory setting with proper lighting and temperature control. Occasional exposure to laboratory fumes, chemicals, and materials will occur when in the laboratory. Safety equipment of gloves, laboratory coat and eyeglasses may need to be worn depending on the testing process. The incumbent may use the autoclave daily to complete the analysis process. Continuous lifting of analysis materials weighing up to 50 pounds are necessary to transport media materials. The incumbent can expect extended time spent in a standing position. The incumbent should be able to detect slight variation in shades of colors.
You will join a company with an inspiring mission. With us, you could learn and develop yourself in a collaborative, empowering, dynamic and challenging environment. Entrepreneurship and improving public health are part of our DNA.
Join us and contribute to a meaningful Project!
To apply please click on 'Apply now' button
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Who you are: You are an innovative and patient centered individual who provides excellence within their profession You are a team player with excellent communication, critical thinking and customer [...]
* Assist customers and operate cash register and lottery machine; - Receive deliveries, manage store displays, stock shelves and coolers; - Ensure all areas are clean - dust, mop floors, and ot [...]
Job Description Love From The Heart Homecare is an independent locally owned home care agency, who provides care to all individuals in need. We provide personal care to anyone who is unable to perfor [...]
BUILD YOUR CAREER AT BLACK & MCDONALD Black & McDonald is an integrated, multi‑trade service provider that safely delivers high quality construction, facilities management, and technical solutions. [...]