Canadian National Railway
At CN, everyday brings new and exciting challenges. You can expect an interesting environment where you’re part of making sure our business is running optimally and safely―helping keep the economy on track. We provide the kind of paid training and opportunities that long-term careers are built on and we recognize hard workers who strive to make a difference. You will be able to thrive in our close-knit, safety-focused culture working together as ONE TEAM. The careers we offer are meaningful because the work we do matters. Join us!
The role of Intermodal Domestic Analyst is to identify, elicit, analyze, specify, and validate the business needs of users throughout the CN organization,
and for specific projects or initiatives. This position supports the transportation solutions to meet our customer’s logistics needs. This role acts as a liaison between the Customer Service teams and other Intermodal business units and offers an opportunity to support the optimization of service to move traffic and increase visibility of operating conditions with a focus on increasing revenue and saving time and costs.
Main Responsibilities Analytics
- Plan business analysis activities for projects / initiatives. Analyze, clarify and prioritize project requirements.
- Analyze processes to identify business opportunities; understand the solution gaps and communicate the impacts to the business
- Developed and produce weekly customer reports; Transx (weekly transit time against tsp/railway allowable hours by OD; Destination Dwell for each terminal) and CTC (forecast against equipment supply)
- Operational analysis to identify systemic issues, perform analysis so that we can provide more accurate information related to specific customers (i.e. train arrival to pad placements, bad order cars to release, trip plans, heat and reefer volumes etc)
- Review performance indicators for internal and external stakeholders; preload list, RAD analysis, Rolled RV’s, transit time calculations, core train performance stats
- Developed and track transit times for customers by origin and destination, weekly measures are published on Tableau weekly
- Measure first mile/last mile on time performance metrics for all customers.
- Cycle time reporting on DRP and CNRU supply.
- Develop the appointment capacity plans for terminals across the Network; mapping appointments against driver capacity.
- Work closely with the Intermodal Business Team (Customer Service, Net Operations, Sales and Marketing) and other external stakeholders (ie. Transx) in the continuous improvement of the business analysis framework and toolkit
- Assist in all Customer Service Ad-Hoc report inquires
- Act as internal support for our Customer Service Senior Manager and Director
- Subject matter expert in Tableau, developing dashboards, training and maintaining data in Tableau for all users
- Organize and facilitate workshops and meetings amongst key stakeholders
- Back-up vacation coverage for our other Analyst
This position requires to be available to work any of the assigned customer service shifts. These shifts are established according to the business requirements and may include day or evening shifts or weekend coverage, which is subject to change at any time. This role may require occasional business travel (Canada & United States) in accordance with CN policy
- 2 to 5 years of overall work experience
- Experience in business analysis and processes
- Strong experience in intermodal logistics
- Success in working with business and technical teams to plan, develop, refine, and launch successful deliverables
- Demonstrated experience interaction with customers, both external and internal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Information System, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Follow safety procedures, information security instructions and ESC principles to lead by example
- Identify risks and anticipate impacts to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Deal with pressure and change by staying calm to quickly adapt to changes
- Promote ideas while evaluating impacts
- Share timely information within and across functions to get things done effectively
- Collaborate with key internal stakeholders to enable higher productivity
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Analytical and problem solving abilities
- Able to make recommendations that pursue sustainable performance
- Transportation and logistics knowledge
- Time management
- High level of computer knowledge in Microsoft Office, SAP, Tableau
- IIBA certification and Lean Six Sigma Green Belt are preferred qualifications
CN is a world-class transportation leader and trade-enabler. Essential to the economy, to the customers, and to the communities it serves, CN safely transports more than 300 million tons of natural resources, manufactured products, and finished goods throughout North America every year. As the only railroad connecting Canada’s Eastern and Western coasts with the Southern tip of the U.S. through a 19,500 mile rail network, CN and its affiliates have been contributing to community prosperity and sustainable trade since 1919. CN is committed to programs supporting social responsibility and environmental stewardship. At CN, we work as ONE TEAM, focused on safety, sustainability and our customers, providing operational and supply chain excellence to deliver results.
CN is an employment equity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please monitor your email on a regular basis, as communication is primarily made through email.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Les candidats référés ne doivent pas postuler directement pour ce poste. Toutes les références de candidats doivent d’abord être soumises dans Workday par un collègue de Loblaw actuel. Li [...]
Resident & Family Experience Coordinator - Temporary Full-Time (3 Months Contract) If you’re passionate about leading a team that is, committed to the Team Member Experience and driven by innovatio [...]
Business Equipment and Computer Applications - MS Access - MS Excel - MS PowerPoint - MS Windows - MS Word - Database software - Accounting software - Quick Books - MS Office Addit [...]
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location: 1 Presidents Choice Circle, B [...]