Staples Canada Inc.
Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin,
religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do
As the Print Solutions Specialist, you will be responsible for growing sales and margin within assigned categories. You will create new products and services, coordinate marketing efforts (print and digital), manage day to day vendor relationships and develop pricing strategies that keep assigned categories on track to hit annual goals. You will work cross-functionally to achieve desired outcomes, including developing and executing communication to store teams that keep them informed and drive the right selling behaviours.
Specifically, you will:
- Executes category growth plans through line extensions and development of new products and services
- Maintains accurate expected costs and margin
- Works with vendor partners and influences outcomes that maximize sales and margin
- Execute pricing strategies that maximize sales and profit
- Executes regular sales line reviews ensuring that plans are tracking to target
- Implement in-store visual merchandising elements, samples and tool kits
- Leads the Retail and Online promotional calendar that support print category and channel growth plan
- Oversees development of creative briefs, coordinates marketing execution with key stakeholders (flyer, digital, signage)
- Oversees execution of category launch plans, ensuring key stakeholders are engaged, and deliverables are executed on time, as promised
- Partners on Digital backlog ensuring accurate prioritization of efforts
- Develops and manages retail outsource vendor relationships including contract negotiation (costing, market development funds, VR), SLA deliverables, invoice reconciliation, and promotional planning and forecasting
- Stays close to industry trends and makes recommendations on growth opportunities in the Division
- Participates in Digital development efforts designed to improve path to purchase within assigned categories
Qualifications - External
Some of what you need
- 1-3 years of progressive sales and operations experience
- Print Services industry experience is an asset
- Post secondary diploma with a focus on retail management, project management, merchandising and/or equivalent experience.
- Understanding of financial/sales data and ability to analyze the data.
- Exposure to working in project teams / collaborative work environment is an asset
- An understanding of marketing campaigns and/or exposure to online marketing and social media
- Comprehensive knowledge of category related product currently available, coupled with a high awareness of industry trends and new product directions.
- Print knowledge is an asset
- Previous work experience in a service role such as Print, Design, or Marketing would be an asset
- Problem solver
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- Office environment
- Periodic travel may be required (vendor sites, Staples store locations)
- Option for remote work
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
Other Languages - Hindi - Russian - Tagalog - Panjabi; Punjabi Specific Skills - Advise managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures - Review candidate inventories - Ide [...]
About the company: Visual Defence Inc. is a software development and integration company in the security and defense sectors. Our innovative technologies are deployed in a range of vertical markets [...]
We are currently in need of Cashiers who are capable of working in a fast paced environment. The ideal candidates must be great with customers, willing to work efficiently in a timely manner to get th [...]
Position Summary: Highly focused on sales generation of merchandise/services within the Service Centre and Copy Centre while demonstrating a high degree of customer awareness and ensuring exceptiona [...]