Canadian Western Bank
CWB Financial Group is a diversified financial services organization providing specialized service in business and personal banking, trust, and wealth management across Canada. Our approach to business is straightforward: we work hard and with integrity, we practice common-sense thinking, we’re accountable for our actions, and we care about our people. We’re incredibly proud of the work we do every day to help our clients grow their businesses, manage their money and realize their financial potential! Learn more at http://www.cwb.com.
At CWB, we strive to build value for the people who choose us every day: our people, our clients and our investors. We do this by holding true to the values that guide us.
We put people first and build relationships with intention. We seek out and embrace new ideas, knowing that better is always possible. We believe that how we do things is as important as what we do. And we harness the power of inclusion. Our culture is who we are and how we show up - as individuals and as a team, to accomplish our strategy.
CWB is on a mission to become the best full-service bank for business owners in Canada.
Our Real Estate team includes a diverse group of banking professionals who strive every single day to achieve strong results for the bank and their clients. Our team of designated real estate banking specialists knows the value of good judgment & relationship building and brings that perfect combination of stellar stewardship, client support and financial expertise to the table.
No day is ever the same. Whether it’s providing proactive client solutions, stellar service support, consultation sessions or financial advice, we’re there every step of the way for our clients to ensure they reach their personal and business dreams. It’s this top service that we are known for.
- Portfolio management: You’ll use your skills to proactively identify, source, develop and lead a profitable real estate portfolio comprised of both quality loans and deposits. This involves proactively supporting full banking relationships with existing clients - aligning with the Banks’ strategic objectives. Improve account profitability through equitable pricing, providing suitable structuring and pricing recommendations. Your portfolio will comprise of around 15 large, sophisticated borrowing groups, generally ranging from $15 million to $150 million in borrowings.
- Credit writing and structuring: Day-to-day, you will build and maintain foundational relationships with product partners, clients, other CWB business divisions, practice sound underwriting within Bank policy and guidelines, ensuring all risks are accurately identified and mitigated, and client’s needs are fulfilled.
- Risk management: Ensure the safety of the Bank’s funds with detailed loan portfolio management, including strong attention to loan quality, exposure limits and security requirements. Review accounts/services on an ongoing basis acquire compensation for increase in risk, complexity or administration.
- Operations & reporting: To review, analyze and approve construction draw requests and interim reports. Minimize loan and revenue loss experience through implementation of programs and procedures to identify and solution problem loans. Ensure required reports and other financial data is received and analyzed promptly in accordance with conditions of loan commitment
- Learning: Although you’ve developed a solid foundation in the real estate industry, you are always identifying trends and growing your knowledge on your next client or business area to achieve ultimate success and strong results from you and your team.
Knowledge and experience to grow from
- Over 3 years in a commercial banking environment with vast exposure to real estate lending with a focus on construction financing and land serving deals plus an undergraduate degree in commerce, finance or a related field.
Skills that will take you further
- Client focused: Deliver outstanding client experiences at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously build the client experience, in line with CWB’s brand promise. Your client focus allows you to anticipate clients’ need to go beyond expectations and drive opportunities to genuinely help others while growing business.
- Financially savvy: You’re a self-starter, independent and accountable. You’re results-oriented and have a real interest in financial analysis, risk mitigation and finding creative solutions for building business
- Relationship driven: Develop and execute a relationship strategy for each client, identifying the key issues surrounding the relationship and implement a strategy to facilitate the expansion of our partnership with the business.
- Credit knowledgeable & risk aware: Strongly established skills in structuring solutions to meet client needs and practice proactive risk management while respecting CWB policies/procedures. Prepare quality credit applications that exhibit well-structured, complete and thorough risk assessment analysis.
- Great teammate: Respect CWB values & conduct code. Representing the CWB Brand with honour and integrity in a manner consistent with our culture and values.
Go further. Launch your career. Apply today.
Why work with us?
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020
Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
The opportunity to make a difference. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
Flexible work arrangements. Make work make sense for you. Remote work. Relocation. Compressed work weeks & more!
Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB, we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee regulated group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives. In fact, this role has incentives on top of incentives!!
Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever, so we have a RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it - every day, with our employee share purchase plan.
Great Places To Work. CWB recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada
Discover CWB. Find your purpose. Apply today.
* Position closes at 12:01am on indicated close date
04/10/2021Inclusion & Diversity
CWB Financial Group is committed to being an equitable employer, providing an inclusive environment for a diverse workforce, including but not limited to, women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities, Indigenous persons, gender and sexual minorities, and ethnic visible minorities. We believe that inclusion has power. In fact, that’s one of our values. We know that diverse teams unleash new ideas and perspectives. We work to create an organization where people can be proud of who they are, and allies for those around them. We know that there is power in our differences and we are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees, applicants and clients. And beyond that, we celebrate our people and those differences.
We're proud to have built a culture that thrives on idea-sharing and collaboration, and we're always finding ways to continue to create a warm, welcoming and inclusive work environment. We have a strong ethics program, a mandatory Respect in the Workplace eLearning program, comprehensive policies related to employment equity, and a strategy and an going strategy to ensure diversity and inclusion thrives at CWB.
CWB Financial Group is committed to providing all applicants with equal accessibility. Believing that inclusion has power, we strive to create an accessible environment for all, focused on the principles of independence, dignity, and equality. If you require adjustments as part of the recruitment and selection process (from application to offer) please submit your request here and one of our recruiters will reach out to you directly.
Impress this employer describing Your skills and abilities, fill out the form below and leave Your personal touch in the presentation letter.
We are looking for a physiotherapist to join our multidisciplinary clinic, with the goal of offering our patients a more comprehensive list of treatment options. We are specifically in need of a physi [...]
**Pending funding Approval** Energy Safety Canada is the national safety association for the oil and gas industry. We develop and support common industry safety standards, deliver effective learning [...]
Instrumentation Maintenance Technician - (2110286) The Opportunity: Are you seeking an opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your Instrumentation skill set? This is an incredible opening [...]
Volker Stevin Contracting Ltd. (a Volker Stevin Canada company) has the following hourly position available located in Spyhill / West Calgary Ring Rd., Alberta Material Tester 2, Plants (JOB ID: 1 [...]